What's missing that you still want?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Apple..., Jun 11, 2012.

1. macrumors 68020

Apple...

Discuss. I still think they need widgets...maybe. At least at-a-glance info in the lock screen/notification center.

2. macrumors 68020

aPple nErd

Landscape mode stupid tim cook!!!!

3. macrumors 6502

I can't believe we are now on the 6th iteration of iOS and still don't have a quick way to access settings toggles (Notification Center for example). From the keynote pics, it looks like the Bluetooth toggle has been moved out to the front page of the settings app. This is a good start but they could have done so much better.

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Agreed. I really don't understand this.

5. macrumors 6502a

Off the top of my head, I kinda want the weather app rehauled with maps of our current location with animated maps to show oncoming rain or snow etc...

I also would love automatic app updates. I hate how I have to manually tell it to update apps!

6. Contributor

AndyK

This was a feature I was really hoping for as well. I also don't see why we can't have a quick reply to message either.

7. macrumors member

Gestures, and quick wifi/bluetooth toggles

8. macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Files for photos, Live backgrounds, Live icons would be cool. Just a few small things I would of liked. And of course better integration for the notifications between the ipad and the iphone. Maybe this might still get done with ios6 i hope.

9. macrumors regular

Orlandu

Siri for iPhone 4. Granted, I'll be getting the next iphone in September/October when it releases, but that's 3-4 months without all the cool Siri integration they're putting in.

10. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This would be nice.

11. macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Don't worry, instead of quick access to the settings they put Facebook and Twitter shortcuts there.

WTF!?

What about the YouTube app that hasn't been updated for years?
    Live icons?
    Third party widgets in notification center?
    Spotlight integration into the notification center?
    Zephyr integration?
    Safari unified address bar?
    Private switch IN Safari, not in settings?
    Prevent shut down when the phone is locked?

Other than Maps, which look like don't have an offline option, what was impressive?

Apple is getting really stale with iOS, Forstall should stop watching those Giants less concentrate on iOS more.

12. thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Still seems like a battery eater to me. Live icons would be more useful.

13. macrumors regular

Quick Toggels, and better iMessage integration with 3rd party

14. macrumors 6502a

Customization and personalization... widgets, toggles, lockscreen, etc.

Time to loosen the death grip on the format and give people the ability to emotionally connect.

15. macrumors 603

nfl46

There are some apps that they didn't go over. A lot of features we didn't even get to see. I'll wait until someone get iOS 6 on their iPhone/iPad then answer.

16. macrumors newbie

sort of disapponted there was no mention of an IOS6/Apple TV update

17. Carlanga, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

macrumors 603

Carlanga

Toggles: been using sbsettings for years and apple has not copied/bought it.
    Save attachments in Mail, add more than 5 pics on mail, attached directly from mail
    Download Folder for Safari
    Unlimited Apps in Folders and Folders inside Folders
    Youtube in HD in 3G
    Open BT stack
    I can keep going, but those are the ones at the top of my head for which I like to jb the iPhone. Who knows, when they release the new iPhone they will show features and some of these things might be fixed or maybe in iOS 7...

The new Maps app looks awesome, but I think if it's fully online then it will consume a lot of data which is seriously capped by carriers, I can see maps images & Siri speaking consuming a lot. Maps needs to be offline at least in 2D for replacement of TomTom and similar apps. Online = more battery consumption.

18. macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yea he's a billionaire and you're a random kid on the internet.

So how was was your third year of kindergarten? Did you finally pass to first grade now?

19. macrumors 65816

Lockscreen widgets, homescreen widgets, more customization, have the option to not be so locked down

20. macrumors member

iMessage

I really wish they would incorporate the ability to reply to iMessages, sent to your phone number, from your iPad and/or Mac Computer. None of my contacts use my email address as their primary texting address and therefore id like to be able to answer my phone number iMessages from my computer or on my ipad.

21. macrumors 6502

I would like an overhaul of iOS, but I guess if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

iOS is getting stale, but it does work very well.

22. macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

Agreed. I'd also like the ability to open a web link in an alternate browser (Atomic, iCab, etc..) instead of Safari.

23. macrumors member

Apple should learn off cydia. There doing it a bit.

24. macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Really letdown, nothing I wanted got an updsate, no widgets, just the same old stale ui, rows and rows of icons, we didn't even get a simple notification icon. Apple is really falling behind with the iPhone, new Macbook looks awesome though, guess they forgot this was a full point upgrade, this feels more like what 5.2 should be.

25. macrumors member

Ability to 'snooze' when you get a calendar reminder popup. I use this all the time at work in Outlook. This concept has been around for decades. Not sure why Apple refuses to add this feature.