Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apocrathia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
University of South Alabama
Here's a screenshot of the server admin pointing to a Snow Leopard server.
iWLgH.png

And here's a Lion Server.
0SZKh.png

That's a LOT of stuff missing...

qwerty9

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
You may download all the rest services

Hey I have read the information this morning that Lion Server loads up with a few services only and should be downloading other services from a location.

Link to that location was given in that page. I tried to navigate to it, but i lost my track.

Good Luck finding it. All I could say, it is anticipated to loose those jumbo list of services vanishing from Admin Panel.

Thanks

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
How did you get the 2nd screenshot? I can't find such app anywhere.

Apocrathia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
University of South Alabama

Refer this link:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/server/specs.html

If you go down below you should see, all the missing ones with a *, and refer to the link provided by the as a note further below it.

That's just the server admin tools. Services like MySQL are just gone. Even the web pane on the Lion server admin tools is gone, which is where you can set up all your advanced options. They seriously dumbed it down. Luckily, we can still do everything through the command line, but you might as well just run a Linux server now.

qwerty9

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
That's just the server admin tools. Services like MySQL are just gone. Even the web pane on the Lion server admin tools is gone, which is where you can set up all your advanced options. They seriously dumbed it down. Luckily, we can still do everything through the command line, but you might as well just run a Linux server now.

I am sure, there is support for those services on Lion OS Server.

Well, when you say that, all that we can do is write a start up script for all the services to run those services using a shell script or as an start up script.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostgreSQL is listed on that link
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT18220

I can concur link is 404.

This should NOT come as a surprise ... there is at least 2 fairly large and detailed threads by 4 members on this very site; 3 of which are full administrators (certified) and another who hosted and went ballistic checking ever detail out. There are some things listed above they've found months ago but wondering if they've found solutions they where after? hmm.

linky: https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=12878579&#post12878579

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.