What's next from Tom Clancy?

Discussion in 'Games' started by neonart, Apr 7, 2004.

1. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

So we Mac folk are waiting for Splinter Cell, but what else is coming from the master of war/startegy/stealth?

Are there any sites that show what Clancy games are in the future?

2. Golem macrumors 6502

I believe Splinter Cell:pandora tomorrow is the latest. Havent been really following it but I have seen a few references here.
    www.penny-arcade.com

Personally neither Splinter cell on Xbox or Raven sheild on Mac have done much for me but I am stuck in fanboi mode for world of warcraft so any other game feels bleh!:)

3. neonart thread starter macrumors 65816

neonart

I LOOOOOOVEEEEE Raven Shield. It's a very hard game to say the least, but it's slow pace and strategic requirements are too sweet.

But I can see that Warcraft can suck you in- that's why I don't do roleplay/strategy/adventure games. Not enough time too get hooked on them.

BTW, what video card do you have on your G5?

4. applekid macrumors 68020

There's also the R6:RS expansion, Athena's Sword. Maybe that's the next port to do?

There's also rumors of Ghost Recon 2 coming soon, but I haven't heard much details.

5. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

I am incredibly dissapointed in Raven Shield. My machine exceeds all the minimums, but even with everything turned all the way down I can't get frame rates above 15, barely above 10.

6. neonart thread starter macrumors 65816

neonart

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

My 12" Pbook 1Ghz runs it pretty well 10x7 (but not fantastic). In fact I play it when I'm on the go pretty often.

There are small tweaks you can do to help besides the usual permission repairs are stuff. If you are OK with messing with your code files (make a backup) try some of the things described here:

http://forums.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=5723&goto=nextoldest

It's for the PC version, but the same things apply. Hope it helps.