Whats on your Holiday '06 Wishlist?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sikkinixx, Sep 19, 2006.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Considering the mass amount of video gaming action being pumped out this year (last year wasn't so hot, aside from the 360 launch), I was just wondering what everyone's wish list was for the season. And after reading some posts, I realize I forgot to put "Gaming Wishlist" in the title, not just wishlist (this is the gaming section afterall) lol but whatever, its all good! I want a Pony too :D

For me, its a lot more than I can afford :p

360 - Gears of War!! AFter seeing that your machine gun is ALSO a chainsaw and you can cut things in half...I want it, but since I am getting a PS3/Wii 5 days later, this one has to wait till next year.

Wii - The system itself! That and Zelda are going to be mine on November 19th, EB better start doing pre-orders soon...

PSP - Lumines II (since the first one is still the best game on PSP unfortunately :( ) but I might have to import this because the US soundtrack is crap. I liked the Japanese soundtrack from the first one, hell I still get "I Can Feel the Music in My Soul" stuck in my head when I play it.

And GTA: Vice City Stories - I read a developer interview and it sounds a lot more cleaned up than Liberty City Stories was, and plus GTA on the go is sweet, and this one have over 100 music tracks so I hope it is as good as Vice City was.

DS - I want one mostly for GBA games but also a few DS games. But I will wait until the DS ultra nano mega super-duper Lite comes out next year ...

PS2 - FFXII and Disgaea 2 - The last two games I will buy for my PS2 (unless God of War II blows my socks off), I have waited so long for a new Final Fantasy after Square decided to make XI online :mad: and the first Disgaea was the best strat.RPG I have played since I was addicted to FFT.

PS3 - I just want the damn system! I have the cash sitting here waiting to be spent but if I can't get one on launch day I will be very annoyed. I wanted to pre-order in April but EB wouldnt do it because of all the whiny $&$#'s that complained about not getting a 360 when they were like 178th in line for one :mad: Pre-order early people! That, and Resistance to go with it since Ratchet and Clank were sweet, and all those weapons turn me on.

And Call of Duty 3 because CoD2 was the best 360 launch game imho

Im sure there are a few more I forgot but thats my wish list. This is the last year of my single-ness for a long while (I hope) so I had better waste my money on games now before the woman moves in and rags on me for wasting money on games :D

oh, and no flame wars! Wish lists are happy places :) Harness the good energy, block out the bad. It's circular, circle, like a merry-go-round, it goes up and down and around, circular, circle.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

DS- FF3, Contact and a few other little upcoming gems.
    Wii- Wii Sports (if it's anything like the golf simulation game I played the other day then yowza!), Twilight Princess.

Not really looking forward to much. I'm very picky about my games.

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I don't reall understand the appeal of FF3 for DS. Isnt it the same game people played 15 years ago? But with 10 year old looking 3-D graphics? Unless you haven't played it before then you might as well get the new version

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

PSP- MGS: PO, Killzone, Lumines 2
    DS- nothing
    PS3- RfOM, Heavenly sword, Fight night
    360- GOW
    Wii- LoZ:TP

Bless

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It never came out in the west, so most people haven't played and the graphics look awesome for the best. You say GTA on the go is "sweet", real FF on the go is even better.

6. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

ohh yeah i forgot its ff3 not the ff6 ff3

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Well, because I won't be getting either of the other consoles this year, for me its:

X360: Call of Duty 3, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent

8. KafkaWasRight macrumors newbie

You're saying you wouldn't even want to play FF6 again? :eek: Heathen!
    :D
    Actually, I'll probably get a DS when FF3 hits...and I here a FF6 remake is in the works.
    My wishlist has already started: Rule of Rose (even though it's taking a beating in reviews), Lego Star Wars 2, Okami. Still need to grab Saints Row, too.
    Damn, why did I have to get laid off right before all these games were released?

9. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

lol uh oh, this will REALLY set you off. Sorry to the hordes of FF6 fans but it's the only FF i really cannot bear (FF2 isnt' so hot either but). Maybe it's because it was hyped to death before I finally played it a few years ago and i got so sick of hearing how great it was only to find it to be a so-so game, in terms of older RPG's I think Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star IV kick the tar out of it...

10. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

My family stays pretty conservative in the amounts spent during the holidays, so I'll probably just ask them from Excite Truck, an extra Wii-mote, and an extra nunchuck attachment.

Daniel.

11. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Wii Sports comes with the console.

Daniel.

12. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Hm. Not much on the list this year... I have everything I want and not enough time to play with it! :eek: I've been so busy lately I've not picked up my DS in months, so I'll probably offload it to add to the new Mac fund, which I'll get next month or so... Should probably do the same for the XBox, even though I've only had it for a few months!

Hrm. Usually my 'wishlist' is a mile long come Thanksgiving, but I've had a good year and been able to give myself most of what I want. To bad I've been working an extra 10 hours every week and I can't enjoy it! <Thinks hard>

I guess the only thing on my list is a Wii - if I got it "free" I could trade in the GC and a few older games and get another controller and a game or something. If Wii Play is released here I'd definitely get that... Excite Truck looks pretty slick, too.

Umh... man you guys really made me think! Blank DVDs and Netflix gift certificates? ;) Oh, definitely want some iTunes gift cards. I'll have to get back with you anything else though, I know you are trying to get all your shopping done early, so I'll be quick!

Oh, you weren't going to be FILLING the wishlist orders?

13. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I'm thinking about getting a wii this holiday season. I know I'll definitely get one for sure sometime down the road, but I may wait on it cause...

THERE ARE SO MANY DS GAMES I WANT!!!!!

Tetris, Animal Crossing, Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright, Electroplankton...

The list goes on and on!

14. Mackeyser macrumors member

Pretty basic stuff

Absolutely NO console stuff.

All for Mac:
    Tiger Woods 2005
    Civ IV (which I'll need due to consecutive hours played...give the patient 2 liters of saline with glucose, STAT!)
    World of Warcraft. Well, I'm still thinking about that one. I WANT to play it, but I hear that the servers are all, but unplayable between 7pm and 9pm.

With a wife and 4 kids, that's more gaming than I have time for as it is. Throw in a few Diablo 2 games and that's it for me (well, my WISH is for an announcement that Diablo 3 is in active development!!!)

15. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

What's on my wishlist?

A bunch of @$!! I can't afford, that's what! :D

16. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Unfortunately budget cutbacks and new government regulations regarding child labour (which comprises 99% of our staff) have limited the ability to fill wishlist orders. We apologize for the inconvience :D

17. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Nintendo Wii (okay I'm a college student and I just bought a 17" iMac I can't afford, so I'm hoping I won't have to shell out for this. However, my family doesn't usually spend that much on presents and I'm not sure they'd know how to preorder something. And I don't want them to get trampled on Nov. 19)
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, maybe Trauma Center, maybe Splinter Cell: Double Agent

An iPod Shuffle (the new ones). My 1G iPod Mini (in gold!) is kinda broken- it often will only play the first two seconds of a song over and over again until I plug it back into the comp and restore it. Or maybe a pink 4GB Nano, but that's a little pricey. Only real men have pink Nanos.

Some sound cancelling headphones.

The World Is Flat (I'm an econ. major...I'm a dork)

Really I just want my family together.

18. coal macrumors regular

coal

The Wii of course and Zelda and Gears of War for Xbox.

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oooh I was too quick to reply!

PC (Bootcamped iMac)- Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Half Life 2, Sim City 3k, RCT2 (maybe 3), Quake 4.
    Gamecube- nothing
    Xbox- nothing
    360- nothing
    PSP- nothing
    GBA- nothing
    PS2- nothing
    PS1- Soccer Kid, Castlevania SotN.

I suggest you all add Mutant Cannon to your lists for you BootCampers. Me and Tom are making a little action/puzzle game which should be out before Christmas.

*I know Wii Sports is bundled, but it's still atop any personal Must-have lists
    *FF3 is 3, not 6. but it looks like that has been explained. plus it's getting rave reviews in Japan and has extra content. I'm only just playing through FF1 at the moment as these games didn't come to my region, the first FF game I saw in a shop here was 7.

20. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii is on pre-order now..

along with zelda and mario galaxy!

glad wii sports is gonna get bundled.. :)

maybe some ds games..

i'm about to give my PS2 away to my sister with about 15 games.. to make room for more nintendo goodness :D

21. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Wii-LoZ:TP, Excite truck, Meteroid Prime 3, and 2 extra Wii-mote and nun-chucks!
    DS (if i can afford one after the wii)- NSMB, Brain Age, Mario and Lugi Partners in time..

I am getting ahead of my self i cant afford all that:eek:

I will just stick to the wii with zelda, excite truck and extra controller

22. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Hmmm this sounds like fun.

Me i want:

MacPro 2.66/3.0GHz, 4GB RAM, X1900XT, BT+AE + 20" ACD because my G4 is becoming long in the tooth

Wii, this is self explanatory..simply the hottest console around and its CHEAP

4GB Silver Nano because i'm nostalgic of the mini and this is just a nice upgrade and would complement my PB and enable me use my 30GB iPod purely as an external backup drive

PSP i'd like games for it namely: Pro Evolution Soccer, GTA:Vice City Stories & Tekken Dark Resurrection. This thing has gotten me through some of the most boring situations in my life.

iTunes Gift Card- I'd like some tracks from the store that i cant find anywhere but i cant pay for DRM songs. However, if someone pays for them then i have no qualms.

I think thats it. These will set me up for another 8 months at least. However none of this items will show up under my tree. Its just gonna be another Book or CD that i'll never use even if paid to.

23. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I thought that they added the ability to change thread titles on threads you start, have they taken away that power already?

Anyway, I could probably settle for a Wii with an extra remote/nunchuck and an allowance/giftcard for virtual console games: I really miss SMB3 and SMW at times along with Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.

I've already gotten all of the FF anthologies for PS2 along with Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross, Gradius V and the Megaman Anniversary collection filling a lot of the void and plan on the Megaman X collection but I still have the SMB/Zelda/Metroid void to fill...

Not that it matters all that much since I never find time to play the games I have. However the SMB games work well for quick pickup/play for brief period type games.

24. takao macrumors 68040

takao

there is quite some stuff i'm wishing games wise:

DS: Age of Empires, FF3, Panzer Tactics, Elite Beat Agents, 42 Classic Games, New Super Mario Bros.

Wii: Zelda, Red Steel, Additional Controller, Excite truck, rayman

and if somebody here has lots of money here and wants to give me a ps3 or 360: you're invited

25. jdechko macrumors 68040

A Wii, Twilight Princess, 3x Controllers ($180 right there) and SplinterCell: Double Agent.