Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I'm spinning off of the "Macs and Music" thread here...

So iPod users, what do you have on your 'Pod? Music, files, contacts...specs for the G5...what?

Here's a list of all the artists/composers currently on mine...just so I can bore you all again...and yes, my 5GB is almost full...

Aaron Copland, Adam Sandler, Aretha Franklin, Barry White, Bob Seger, Bobby McFerrin, BT, Buffalo Springfield, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, CCR, Dave Matthews Band, Diana Krall, Dido, Elvis Presley, Enigma, Eric Benet, Erykah Badu, Faithless, Frank Sinatra, Frederic Chopin, George Winston, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Hans Zimmer, Hapa, Harry Connick Jr., Braddah Iz, James Taylor, Jill Scott, JS Bach, Joose, Jubilant Sykes, KC and the Sunshine Band, Keali'i Reichel, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Lenny Kravitz, Lynrd Skynrd, Marilyn Manson, Massive Attack, Maxwell, Michael Jackson, Miles Davis, Moby, Monty Python, No Doubt, *N Sync, Pink Floyd, Prince, Radiohead, Rockapella, Simon and Garfunkel, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Stevie Wonder, Sting, Take 6, Tenacious D, The Byrds, The Crystal Method, The Doors, The Four Tops, The Mamas and the Papas, The Supremes, The Wallflowers, Three Dog Night, U2, Wham!, Willie Nelson, Wilson Pickett, Yo-yo Ma

+ a few contacts...

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Oh jeez! I'm not about to list all the artists on my iPod. :D But the main groups I have are Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Fogerty, Smash Mouth, E-Type, and a ton of classic rock groups. Plus a few contacts. I still have about 3 gigs left which I'm in no hurry to fill up! :)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Yeah..I've got some Stones and Bowie floating around elsewhere right now...

I've been trying to keep MiPod legal, so those are just the ones off of CDs I actually own...

Tomasz

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2001
Berkeley, California
Hello Friend:)

Its strange how this board brings people together.... keep on rocking my friend;)

Maybe we'll meet down on the corner... up around the bend.... and become the best of friends and then..... or not... but there will always be those good times that we can share here at Macrumors...:D

Tomasz

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
If you check out the Macs and Music thread, you will see the names of 10 of the songs. My favorite again is Here to Stay. I also have some others, and even a few comedy episodes from the show Whose Line Is It Anyway? Both the Drew Carey and Clive Anderson version.

That makes only 28 mp3s. So I guess I have some room to spare.

I have already showed the iPod to at least two people at where I go to class. They want one bad!

Any time is a great time for iPod.

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by wsteineker
GREAT call on that list, RowerCPU. It's awesome. Radiohead is the greatest band ever. But you left out Bowie, The Band, and the Stones.

I have to disagree, they are a bunch of creeps

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I saw the ipod for the first time on saturday and all I have to say is
I want one
they are so small but the sound that comes out of it is very loud
I was tempted to ad one to my imac
but I just don't have the cash

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
My list.

I pulled this from my iTunes music folder. Everything there is on my iPod.

Matthew

Attachments

• ipodlist.txt
    652 bytes · Views: 121

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Re: My list.

Originally posted by Taft
I pulled this from my iTunes music folder. Everything there is on my iPod.

Matthew

dude you got some nice artists
first guy I know to have ben folds five on there ipod
cool:D

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
No... not really. But I've got it on iPod so that I can hook up my friends. I'm sick of them not being able to read all my Office docs.

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
I know this doesn't really go with the topic, but I didn't want to start another thread. Is there any way to get a 5gig iPod for $300 U.S.? I converted someone who will get an iBook soon, but he also wants an iPod. He is in college and I have seen education discounts from some sites. I don't remember them anymore since I already have an iPod, and I can't seem to find anything. The max that he will pay for an iPod is $325. I know that is
crazy, but I saw those prices.
And don't mention the Apple Store or MacMall and the stuff like that, I already checked, unless you find it cheap and I didn't

Thanks

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Re: Re: My list.

Originally posted by mac15

dude you got some nice artists
first guy I know to have ben folds five on there ipod
cool:D

Have you heard Ben Folds' new album? Its pretty sweet.

By the way, if any of you are looking for a good way to copy all of your artist names from iTunes, (and this only works if you have ripped most of your music yourself or organize it into artist folders).

Just go to your iTunes music folder in the finder, select all of the folders and then copy (either Command-C or from the edit menu). Then open TextEdit and paste (either Command-P or from the Edit menu). Done. And if you use list or column view when copying, you get the benifit of sorting.

I hope more people post their artists. Its cool to see what Mac-heads are listening to. Rower_CPU and I seem to have similar tastes. Good show, my man. :D

Matthew

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Re: Re: Re: My list.

I hope more people post their artists. Its cool to see what Mac-heads are listening to. Rower_CPU and I seem to have similar tastes. Good show, my man. :D

per your request... nothing most would have heard of though. i'm guessing;.

Attachments

• ipod list.txt
    929 bytes · Views: 132

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
i have heard of these, jello
U2
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Midnight Oil
Five For Fighting
Seven Mary Three
Weird Al
Unknown Artist
Live

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
as expected

Originally posted by buffsldr
i have heard of these, jello
U2
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Midnight Oil
Five For Fighting
Seven Mary Three
Weird Al
Unknown Artist
Live

weird al... i only had one song that i had borrowed from my bro to use in a film perhaps (oreo) but i didn't end up using it...

unknown artist. i wonder who that even is... ha.

yeah, the others. makes sense.

little tidbit: glen phillips (also in that list) is the singer of toad the wet sprocket, now performing solo... good stuff.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Re: Re: My list.

Matthew

You've definitely got some good stuff there, man. I've been meaning to get some Ben Folds Five for awhile now...maybe this'll prompt me to go out and buy some...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.