Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

withnail

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
A while back, I posted a thread about my Ti Powerbook 1GHz not going into sleep mode after the specified time in Energy Saver preferences. I am still seeing this behavior and was wondering if there is there any tool or method to diagnose what process(es) is/are keeping the computer from going to sleep?

I have (I assure you) checked to make sure there are no external devices attached to it, and that there are no open applications. I looked at the process table from Terminal, and I can't see any suspect processes that should be keeping it awake. The only time it will enter sleep mode is when it's running on battery and the charge is almost gone. The rest of the time the display will dim in half the time specified in "Put the computer to sleep after it is inactive for" setting, and then it will turn totally off after the rest of the time has elapsed, but it fails to go completely into sleep mode - any movement on the touchpad will cause the display to come back on, not just a button press). I can manually force it to sleep through the Apple menu, so it's not as if the hardware part of it is failing. Oh, and I tried resetting the PMU, to no avail...

Any advice is appreciated!

withnail

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
...already tried that. I'm at 10.2.5 - maybe up'ing to 10.2.6 will help, although I read the release notes and it doesn't look like anything resembling this was addressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.