What's Starting Point to Become Music Producer

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by iBeat, Mar 21, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Now I plan to become music producer I want to know first thing I must learn please recommend me. :)

Thank you

2. macrumors 601

zimv20

what is a music producer?

3. macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

4. macrumors G4

THat is REALLY good. However a few of those steps require years of work and study. I think so many people think they can simply learn to use some software and instantly they will be a music producer.

But you know, it gets worse. Even if you can play piano, bass and guitar and have studied music and you own and know how to run all kinds of studio gear thaere is still one thing you need: Artistic judgement and "something to say"

In fact you don't need to know anything technical. You don't need studio equipment and yo don't need to know the difference between 3/4 and 4/4 time because you can hire people who know all of that. You can hire studio musicans and engineers and whoever but you NEDD to know what the end product you want is, what sound you are after.

But realistically you will need to be knowagable in all aspects of the process. You need to be at least intermediate level musician and know enough about studio recording so you can talk to an expert using his terms.

The best way to get there? Work your way up from the bottom

5. macrumors P6

Peace

You need to know people in the music business.

6. macrumors regular

7. macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

It also helps to have a certain amount of creative genius and good taste

It's by no means a necessity from what I can tell from listening to today's main stream music.