What's that little check mean?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by katie ta achoo, Feb 5, 2006.

1. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

So, I stuck my laptop HD in the marketplace. I go to my "view all threads started by KT" deal and saw a check box in the subject box... what is it?

it's the only thread that has it... is it just a mod playing with settings again?

Attached Files:

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm pretty sure that that icon has been in use for awhile now; used to symbolize that you have 'subscribed' to that thread.

:edit: See? I have my account preferences set up so that if I reply to a thread, I get subscribed; as such, I now display a little check mark. :D

Attached Files:

4. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

omg.

2 seconds after subscribing to the thread, so I'd actually notice if someone posted an offer because I hardly ever look at the marketplace and I FORGOT I HAVE.

OK, I feel like a complete idiot.
    Sorry y'all. My bad.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

A handy tip for the future: If you wonder what an icon does, hover over it and see if you get a pop-up message, e.g., "You are subscribed to this thread".

Point at an icon to the left of a thread shows in the forum display and it'll even tell you how many posts you have in that thread!

6. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

*hangs head in shame*

Oh, my suckitude, it grows! :(

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Wouldn't it be cool if we could each include, in our User CP, a message to be displayed when people hover over our member names? (At least if people would use it for levity, not evil purposes, of course.)

8. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

ooo.. You're a MR God. Perform a miracle and make it happen. :p

Finally, you wouldn't have to read my whole post to discover how dumb I am, I could just tell them in the message that pops up while hovering over my SN..

nice. :)