Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glenm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
Im still waiting for my mac book to arrive and I was hoping that you guys could help me choose a reliable easy to use bluetooth mouse. I really appreciate the opinions and advice that you guys could share.

SCMaverick

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2006
I bought the Logitech MX900 and use it with my Intel iMac. I did have to purchase SteerMouse to get it function the way it should. It's comes with a cradle and rechargeable batteries and I need to recharge them about every 2 days. I'm actually not sure if this is normal because I have the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and I've never had to change those batteries and I had the keyboard for about 3 months. Hope this helps.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
thread revived...

I'm looking for one too. My old MS bluetooth mouse is dying. It's actually been a pretty good product, but it's old now and acting up.

It's always done one really annoying thing that I don't want the next one to do - it loses the connection after a few minutes of inactivity, I'm guessing to save battery life. But that also means that it wakes up the computer (if it's been put to sleep), and recently it's started waking the computer up over and over.

So I want a BT mouse that never loses it's connection unless I sever the connection myself. Is the MS way the exception, or the rule?

edit: after reading threads on this forum and reviews online, I think I'm between the RadTech BT600 and the Logitech v270. The RadTech looks great, but apparently has issues playing nice with 10.4.7. Will either or both of these lose its connection to the mac if left idle for a few minutes?

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004
I previously had the BT500, but now I use the BT500+ and love it. Recharges via USB (handy).

It loses connection after awhile I think, but it reconnects so fast I don't notice.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking the BT600 is the way to go. That recharge via usb is really cool, and I would like the 5 buttons. Seems like the 10.4.7 problem is not so bad after all (and actually, the same issue may be why my MS BT mouse is acting up).

dialectician

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2006
QCassidy352 said:
I'm looking for one too. My old MS bluetooth mouse is dying. It's actually been a pretty good product, but it's old now and acting up.

edit: after reading threads on this forum and reviews online, I think I'm between the RadTech BT600 and the Logitech v270. The RadTech looks great, but apparently has issues playing nice with 10.4.7. Will either or both of these lose its connection to the mac if left idle for a few minutes?

I've had the Logitech v270 for about a week now, and so far I've found it very good. It's a simple mouse, nothing like the functionality of the MX700 or 900, but it's still better than the one-button wireless mouse that Apple offers. I wish the Mighty Mouse was available with bluetooth...

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
I like Apple's the best. IMHO it just matches better and works just fine as well.

jaydub

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
I have a targus bluetooth mouse I really like. It's got a scroll button and right/left click. I liked that it felt big enough to be easily used, even though it is small enough to travel with.

AMB01US_accessories_b.jpg

You can find them on ebay for about $50.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
4God said:
I like Apple's the best. IMHO it just matches better and works just fine as well.

one button doesn't do it for me. Heck, if I could find a good BT mouse with more than 5 buttons I'd buy it!

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004
QCassidy352 said:
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking the BT600 is the way to go. That recharge via usb is really cool, and I would like the 5 buttons. Seems like the 10.4.7 problem is not so bad after all (and actually, the same issue may be why my MS BT mouse is acting up).

I LOVE the recharge via USB.

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
I have the MX900 (now discontinued I think). I love the insane button count, I have all of expose, dashboard, and close-window mapped to my mouse.

But the connection is terrible with my Powerbook. If the mouse is more than maybe 2 feet from the laptop, it gets jumpy and unusable. Forget gaming.

Sorry, that doesn't help much to recommend a mouse.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
After much deliberation, I finally settled on one of these. (Logitech V270) It was one of the few that met all my criteria:

Full size, but not huge
Bluetooth
Three-button with scroll wheel (didn't want 17 buttons)
On/Off Switch
Nicely styled to go with my PB

This mouse is great for day to day tasks. And since it goes to sleep by itself, its still running on the packaged, cheap-o AA's after about 4 months. Oh, and $50 is pretty reasonable.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
wwooden said:
Wow, that mouse is great. I can't figure out how to buy it though. Is it not out yet?

Nah, that mouse has been out for quite some time, but I think the general consensus is that it looks good but works not-so-good. You can find it here, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
If only the Mighty Mouse was BT. :eek: I've been waiting since the USB release.

The Logitech V270 is pretty good and the batteries last for a very long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.