what's the Best thing you've won in a raffle?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mannix87, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mannix87 macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2005
    in the southeast
    I just read about this guy who won 2 iPods in one evening simply by attending a function.. made me thinking what was the best thing I've ever won, so far. I've won several raffles prizes in the last couple of years,believe it or not, i've won a Trip for 2 to Bangkok, trip for 2 to an island resort (Boracay), dinner for two at a fancy resto, concert tickets to Alanis Morisette, an oven, 1 yr subscription to Time magazine, etc.. but the best for me was when I won a trip to Graceland in 2003. fun & enjoyable trip to visit the home of rock & roll's greatest proponents for FREE. Not that it really matters but I've never won any cash prizes. I'm sure there's a mega lottery winning ticket with my name on it somewhere...;)
  2. princealfie macrumors 68030

Mar 7, 2006
    Salt Lake City UT
    Perhaps the best thing I ever won was my stepdad finding a 100 dollar bill on the TRAX floor during Xmas 2004. We went to Benihana's the next day and ate all the sushi :) Yum... that's the best.
  3. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    A couple years ago I won an Xbox. Thats about it.
  4. aquajet macrumors 68020

Feb 12, 2005
  5. floriflee macrumors 68030

Dec 21, 2004
    I haven't won a raffle since the fourth grade when I won 8 store-bought cinnamon rolls. :(
  6. Lyle macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2003
    Madison, Alabama
    I don't think I've ever won anything in a raffle proper.

When I was about twelve years old (ca. 1982) I won a little portable B&W television in a Bingo game. I was so excited, you would have thought I'd won a new car or something.

I won a pretty good book on software testing as a door prize while attending a conference a few years back.
  7. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    I won a chance to meet a few bruins (Joe Thorton when he had his broken wrist) and skate on the then Fleet Center ice (skating on the B was a highlight of my life thusfar)
  8. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    Are you a professional raffler or something? Holy crap, I don't think I've even entered that many raffles, let alone won that much stuff.

I did, however, win a nice set of golf clubs at an outing about 8 years ago. Still use them, too. Of course, when you golf 3 times a year, those things last awhile. :D
  9. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Apr 11, 2004
    At my school raffle I won a brazil shirt signed by ronaldo. His kid goes to my school so only students could participate so my chances werent too bad.
  10. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    A box of "Celebrations" chocolates.....with ticket number 666. I felt obligated to share them out to balance the possible karma issues.
  11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

Jan 24, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    The only thing I've won in a raffle is a copy of Adobe's Creative Suite 2 Premium. I won it just a week or so after I got my Power Mac. It was awesome! I told my coworker before the raffle that I was going to win...but then they called some lady's name. She had already left for the day, apparently, so then they drew my name! :) Lucky me!
  12. Lacnce macrumors member

Apr 1, 2006
    I won 10lb bag ofSNICKERS.
    The aftereffects went something like this.....
    :D :) :eek: :( :eek: :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  13. CompUser Guest

I chocolate easter bunny.

My sister won a free ($1500 value) SAT training class, her previous score did not improve at all after taking the classes LOL.
  14. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2005
    I won a big basket of beanie babies (I was little so I was pretty exicted), but my bitc*y cousin was with me at the time and she cried that she didnt win and so my mom made me give her 3 beanie babies away from my basket. I was pissed.
  15. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    I won an iPod mini in a raffle. It was outdated at that point and I couldn't get store credit for it though :(. I gave it to my mom, who in turn broke it about two days later.
  16. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    A tshirt w/ a logo of an electric blue MINI Cooper S. :D
  17. DCapple macrumors regular

Feb 28, 2006
    last year i won a thousand dollar to the christmas party at our office...:)

really you've been to many places already mannix87? how do you like bangkok and Boracay??
  18. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    my dad just won $2000 about 3 weeks ago from my synagogue's raffle. He still hasn't payed his dues yet, and will donate some, but that's a nice prize :)
  19. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Feb 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    I won a Canon digital camera from Apple a few months after I filled out (and promptly forgot about) some survey about campus computing, so that was pretty sweet. The best thing I won, though, was two tickets to Bonnaroo for this year. I got to go two years ago as a vendor, and it was amazing, and this year I think THE STREETS are going to be there (which is amazing because as far as I can tell their only shows stateside are at festivals like this one). Crossing my fingers I will actually get to go, though, because my schedule is looking a bit hairy :(
  20. asxtb macrumors 6502

Sep 1, 2005
    Coincidentally, I just won an AM/FM shower radio at a baseball game tonight. Other than that, I never win raffles.
  21. mannix87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2005
    in the southeast
    it was just a lucky streak obviously; there was no conscious effort at the beginning until my friends started telling me of the unbelievable luck that I was having and that I should keep on joining. After that, every raffle that came my way, I wouldnt hesitate to enter into; even if it involved the inconvenience of filling up forms and making sure the entries were properly done.
  22. mannix87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2005
    in the southeast

anything free (w/ no strings attached) is Great!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.