what's the Best thing you've won in a raffle?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mannix87, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mannix87 macrumors 6502

I just read about this guy who won 2 iPods in one evening simply by attending a function.. made me thinking what was the best thing I've ever won, so far. I've won several raffles prizes in the last couple of years,believe it or not, i've won a Trip for 2 to Bangkok, trip for 2 to an island resort (Boracay), dinner for two at a fancy resto, concert tickets to Alanis Morisette, an oven, 1 yr subscription to Time magazine, etc.. but the best for me was when I won a trip to Graceland in 2003. fun & enjoyable trip to visit the home of rock & roll's greatest proponents for FREE. Not that it really matters but I've never won any cash prizes. I'm sure there's a mega lottery winning ticket with my name on it somewhere...;)

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Perhaps the best thing I ever won was my stepdad finding a 100 dollar bill on the TRAX floor during Xmas 2004. We went to Benihana's the next day and ate all the sushi :) Yum... that's the best.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

A couple years ago I won an Xbox. Thats about it.

4. aquajet macrumors 68020

5. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I haven't won a raffle since the fourth grade when I won 8 store-bought cinnamon rolls. :(

6. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I don't think I've ever won anything in a raffle proper.

When I was about twelve years old (ca. 1982) I won a little portable B&W television in a Bingo game. I was so excited, you would have thought I'd won a new car or something.

I won a pretty good book on software testing as a door prize while attending a conference a few years back.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I won a chance to meet a few bruins (Joe Thorton when he had his broken wrist) and skate on the then Fleet Center ice (skating on the B was a highlight of my life thusfar)

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

Are you a professional raffler or something? Holy crap, I don't think I've even entered that many raffles, let alone won that much stuff.

I did, however, win a nice set of golf clubs at an outing about 8 years ago. Still use them, too. Of course, when you golf 3 times a year, those things last awhile. :D

9. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

At my school raffle I won a brazil shirt signed by ronaldo. His kid goes to my school so only students could participate so my chances werent too bad.

10. Queso macrumors G4

A box of "Celebrations" chocolates.....with ticket number 666. I felt obligated to share them out to balance the possible karma issues.

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The only thing I've won in a raffle is a copy of Adobe's Creative Suite 2 Premium. I won it just a week or so after I got my Power Mac. It was awesome! I told my coworker before the raffle that I was going to win...but then they called some lady's name. She had already left for the day, apparently, so then they drew my name! :) Lucky me!

12. Lacnce macrumors member

I won 10lb bag ofSNICKERS.
    The aftereffects went something like this.....
    :D :) :eek: :( :eek: :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. CompUser Guest

I chocolate easter bunny.

My sister won a free ($1500 value) SAT training class, her previous score did not improve at all after taking the classes LOL.

14. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

I won a big basket of beanie babies (I was little so I was pretty exicted), but my bitc*y cousin was with me at the time and she cried that she didnt win and so my mom made me give her 3 beanie babies away from my basket. I was pissed.

15. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I won an iPod mini in a raffle. It was outdated at that point and I couldn't get store credit for it though :(. I gave it to my mom, who in turn broke it about two days later.

16. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

A tshirt w/ a logo of an electric blue MINI Cooper S. :D

17. DCapple macrumors regular

DCapple

last year i won a thousand dollar to the christmas party at our office...:)

really you've been to many places already mannix87? how do you like bangkok and Boracay??

18. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

my dad just won $2000 about 3 weeks ago from my synagogue's raffle. He still hasn't payed his dues yet, and will donate some, but that's a nice prize :)

19. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I won a Canon digital camera from Apple a few months after I filled out (and promptly forgot about) some survey about campus computing, so that was pretty sweet. The best thing I won, though, was two tickets to Bonnaroo for this year. I got to go two years ago as a vendor, and it was amazing, and this year I think THE STREETS are going to be there (which is amazing because as far as I can tell their only shows stateside are at festivals like this one). Crossing my fingers I will actually get to go, though, because my schedule is looking a bit hairy :(

20. asxtb macrumors 6502

Coincidentally, I just won an AM/FM shower radio at a baseball game tonight. Other than that, I never win raffles.

21. mannix87 thread starter macrumors 6502

it was just a lucky streak obviously; there was no conscious effort at the beginning until my friends started telling me of the unbelievable luck that I was having and that I should keep on joining. After that, every raffle that came my way, I wouldnt hesitate to enter into; even if it involved the inconvenience of filling up forms and making sure the entries were properly done.

22. mannix87 thread starter macrumors 6502

anything free (w/ no strings attached) is Great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.