What's the best TiBook case?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by DreaminDirector, Sep 11, 2002.

1. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I just bought a new TiBook and was overwhelmed by the price range and variety of bags/cases/sleeves out there. What is everyone else out there using? What should I avoid?

(if this thread is somewhere else, please redirect me. I'm a newbie) :)

Thanks everyone!

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I absolutely love my currier bag - got it from the apple store, all black with a few bits of leather and a black apple embossed on the flap. But its got tons of room and several ways to carry it, over the shoulder or as a backpack (the straps come out in the back).

D

3. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

If you really wanna accentuate the beauty of the tibook, and protect the hizell out of it, buy a zero case. it's well worth every cent.

http://www.zerohalliburton.com/

Attached Files:

4. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    madsonline.com has a GREAT case that is thin but protects it well. It is basically a neoprene glove. I keep my Ti in it and carry the bundle in my Dana Design Ti (no relation to a TiBook, just a great messanger bag).

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

6. macktheknife macrumors 6502a

macktheknife

I went through the same question myself when I bought my TiBook. I spent weeks looking for that "perfect" case. Here are some questions you might want to consider:

1) Do you want something that looks "professional" or do you want something that is "hip?"

2) Do you just want a sleeve to hold the computer or a bag that holds other stuff? Or do you want a sleeve that you can tuck into a bag that holds other stuff? :confused:

3) Do you want a bag that screams "laptop!" like those ugly black rectangle bags you see people tote around? For both asthetic and security reasons (I didn't want others to know I was carrying a laptop), I decided against those rectangle black laptop bags. They are, however, very cheap.

BTW, here are some sites I visited:

http://www.tombihn.com/ (check out their Trager Courier bags)
    http://www.timbuk2.com/ (you can build your own bag!)
    http://www.brenthaven.com/ (very expensive, but if you're a student, you might find discounted versions on your local campus)

Good luck with your choice!

7. djniche macrumors regular

I have the tibook also and i love it - the bag that i use
    is the Tibag.com
    is great has space for magazine and the extras. works for me and leaves you hands free.

8. backspinner macrumors 6502a

I use the Kensington Saddle Bag Graphite: lots of space for other stuff, you can carry it in the hand, over the shoulder and on your back as I do everyday.

9. DreaminDirector thread starter macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Wow!

There are as many opinions as there are bags and cases! I'll go through and check all of these out. Thanks again everyone!

10. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

the ZERO Halliburton Z5 is amazing. and i just happen to have one for sale. lucky you;)
    send me a PM if you are interested.

11. Macpoops macrumors 6502

I have a brenthaven Ti2. It's nice cause i am a student and it is a backpack. It doesn't look out of place and obvious that it is a laptop case. It is sure as hell roomy and has enough room for my books, laptop, portable 30gig, usb mouse, etc.... The laptop itself sits in a removable padded sleeve. It is a bit pricey at 179 from the apple store but it is a very nice bag in my opinion. Well made and nicely padded.

12. Angelus macrumors 6502

Why not have a look at www.goincase.com.They have a few different designs and they are made to fit Tibooks and iBooks(you pick which size u want).Its not one of those obvious as hell laptop cases,instead its a sleeve design with room for some other stuff as well.Check it out

Angelus

13. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I went with the blue sportster bag from the apple store. What I like about it is that it is very light, yet is well padded. It does not have room to carry much else, but with the lightness of the Powerbook, I didn't want a case that weighed ten pounds. I like the rubbery grip at the bottom that makes me feel confident carrying it from the bottom without the strap. The strap is very nice, with the same grippy stuff at the top, so it does not slide off my shoulder.

The other cases are great if you want to carry a bunch of stuff, but this case is great if you just want to carry the computer and a cellphone and sunglasses. There will definitely be people who don't like it though. When i carry my poweradapter in the zip pocket in the back, there is a little lump in the bag there. I don't mind, but there are people who would.

One last thing. I have a few backpack/laptop things from going to a few Cisco conferences, the padded case inside them is way to small for a ti book, but the sportster is the perfect case to put inside of the backpack, when I do want to carry some gear with me. The flexibility is great.

Attached Files:

14. Choppaface macrumors 65816

that looks pretty big, but isn't it a bit big?

what would be the smallest case that would be as rugged as the old G3's (i.e., can get wet, can be thrown in and out of backpack, squished by textbooks....:D)

15. DreaminDirector thread starter macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Thanks!

Thanks again everyone. I checked out all of the suggestions and ended up going with a neoprene sleeve and the Kensington Saddle bag. It works best for the price and what where I'm going with it. And damn, all I have to say is that the zero halliburton case is screaming "Tibook here, steal me, steal me!". I'm sure it's a killer case, but it doesn't quite fit my needs (and budget...). Thanks for the offer Tjwett.

16. sphereboy macrumors 6502

sphereboy

I might get myself one of the Neoprene cases my self.

Very Nice indeed

17. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I love mine! Like I said, it works great in a backpack as a protective sleeve, but with the options of being easy to carry one handed without worrying about slipping out, or using the strap. Plus, it is so light, that you get to enjoy the advantage of how light the powerbook is.