What's the best weather app for the UK??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by C-Mezak, Sep 16, 2004.

1. C-Mezak macrumors regular

C-Mezak

Hey all,

Im a student in Edinburgh, and all I really need is a weather app that will tell me get dressd quickly when Im running out the door to a lecture. There are so many apps out there, so what do you recommend?

I'd rather not throw all of my resources at konfabulator or someting similar. I just want something small that will tell me how cold it will be and how likely it is to rain.

Post them rec's!

Charlie

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

WeatherPop is really good, and doesn't take up resources anything like a Konfab widget will.

3. garybUK Guest

garybUK

4. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

My favorite is the "the weather" widget in konfabulator you can set it to which ever city you are in. It is very accurate. I have watched the (current weather )icons change to say rain and then 10 minutes later it starts to rain. Amazing

http://www.konfabulator.com/

5. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Sorry just read your post again and you said that you did not want to splash out on konfabulator, sorry.

I understand edesignuk's point about resources, although personally I have never noticed any detrimental effects when it is running or not running.

6. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Weather Menu is the one I use. Looks the same as WeatherPop but has more info/options and is cheaper.