What's the deal with Airport after 10.4.8 (intel)?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thewhitehart, Dec 10, 2006.

?

Have you had airport connectivity problems after the 10.4.8 update on your intel mac?

1. Yes - airport has connectivity problems after 10.4.8 (including firmware updates)

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. No - no airport problems whatsoever on my intel mac after updating to 10.4.8 .

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  1. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

To all those intel iMac users out there -

I'm curious to know how many people are having airport problems that have specifically popped up after the 10.4.8 update, or any of the subsequent security or firmware updates. Most of us having problems attribute it to 10.4.8, but it may as well be any of the updates after 10.4.7, as the cause of the problem and the definite solution have yet to be discovered. I've posted in many threads concerning this, and Apple's official solution is useless. Airport refuses to connect automatically to preferred networks, goes on and off intermittently (mostly after shutdown or sleep, but sometimes randomly), assigns itself a useless IP address, becomes unable to detect any networks, refuses to connect to WPA2 networks after a password is specified, etc...

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

no problems on either my MBP or C2D iMac, both with 10.4.8 and firmware updates installed.

3. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

4. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

5. thestaton macrumors 6502

after 10.4.8 my iMac was driving me crazy refusing to reconnect on waking from sleep. Abut 2 days ago I finally did basically what that doc says and its back to working normally again.

shew.