What's the difference between these Crucial RAMs?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by gauchogolfer, Mar 28, 2006.

1. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm shopping for 1GB RAM to upgrade my Powerbook (currently 2x512MB), and came across this confusing decision: Crucial vs. Crucial. Can anyone tell me what, if any, the difference is between these two modules (other than price, obviously)? Thanks for the help.

Crucial at Crucial.com

Crucial at Newegg

Attached Files:

2. Queso macrumors G4

The second one doesn't post the CL= (Latency) value. My guess is it will be higher than 2.5, meaning that the chip is slightly slower than the more expensive one.

3. generik macrumors 601

generik

I'd go with the 2nd one, the first one is really a rip! :eek:

4. jacobj macrumors 65816

jacobj

The CL is identical at 2.5

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

The one on the left they guarantee to work in the machine specified - the one on the left they don't. Crucial don't usually whack a huge premium on their memory (maybe just a little one :rolleyes: ) so there probably is a good reason the 1GB stick on the left is more expensive. IIRC the smaller capacity PB sticks are the same price as the OEM ones so it's peculiar to the 1GB SODIMMs.

FWIW I have one of the SODIMMs on the left in my powerbook and it does work perfectly. Maybe the one on the right would too.

6. kbonnel macrumors 6502

Grab the part number from newegg, and call crucial. That is what I did when I was purchasing memory for my PB. Crucial indicated that it would be fine. After that I decided I woudl always by crucial, they rock.

Kimo