What's the fastest way to resize pictures?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NewSc2, Mar 1, 2007.

1. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

In Windows, I'd open up Paint and reduce the image by 33%, 50%, 66%, etc., then Ctrl-S and exit.

What about for OSX? I have a bunch of images off of my digital camera that I don't need to be 3MP. 800x600 should be good enough.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Preview can handle this task. It's found in your Applications folder. If you have a whole bunch of pictures all in one folder, you could even write an Automator action that automates this task for you.

3. NewSc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Um, I can open them up with Preview, but I want to save them as smaller files for e-mail and uploading.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yes, use Preview's Save As feature and play around with the parameters. Alternatively, if that doesn't meet your needs, I'm almost positive that GraphicConverter will.

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

For e-mails the Mail.app will resize pictures for you.

Simply 'attach' your pictures and select the size you want from the options in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the window.

Attached Files:

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

7. mokeyjoe macrumors member

Quicksilver!

Make sure you've got the image manipulation plugin. Eg downsizing to 800x600:

Invoke QS
    Select picture, TAB
    Type 'scale', TAB, and type '800'

Takes about 2 seconds.

Or if you you scale pictures a lot then set up a trigger. I put a hot corner on my girlfriend's account so she can just drag pictures to the corner and it resizes them. Or you could do a hot key.

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

upload ur photo to imageshack, choose "resize" function provided, and then download re-sized photo.