What's the idea??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by diagil, Sep 19, 2006.

1. diagil macrumors newbie

What the hell is going on M.Jobs? Was getting ready to change my 14 in. G4
    notebook for a new (??) 15 in. 2GHz with a few options added on.
    What i ear is that youre about to change or upgrade the Mac Book Pro. wich was just announced. I'm no "geek" just a very ordinary user that switched over from PC to Mac a few years ago. It just happened that i love my Mac and it's OS. But while i'm sitting and waiting for you guys to make a move i'm thinking "Whats the next surprise" Dont start playing that PC game "Good today...tomorow who knows??"

I'll wait a while but not to long. I still know how a PC works...heaven forbid

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

This is a fact of life with computers.
    What you buy today is obsolete tomorrow.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'm thoroughly confused by your post. The MacBook Pro "was just announced"? It's been out for many months now...it's time for an upgrade.

4. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

That post makes no sense.

Fact is Apple has a 15" MacBook Pro and it has 2 cores running at 2Ghz each. WHat it sounds like is you came hear and bought into the Merom hype and now you are pissed because it isnt done yet.

Either that, or I dont really know what you are saying.

5. generik macrumors 601

generik

6. diagil thread starter macrumors newbie

What's the idea #2

That's right I'm from Quebec.
    I dont write in english very often and it's my first time on a forum.
    But I'm still desapointed earing such rumors (Merom) so soon after the release of a new product.
    Just wanted to share with other Mac users

7. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i think we're most baffled by your "so soon after the release of a new product".. the MBP has been out for quite a while now, so updates are not so unheard of, rather, they're to be expected. the 15" MPB was released, when, February of this year? It's near October.. nearly 9 months.

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You can't have your salad and eat it too. Everybody wants the latest and greatest, until they buy a machine. Then they want everything to stagnate so that their machine stays "cutting edge."

The MacBook Pro has been out for quite a while now, and there's a new chip on the market, so of course it's going to end up in the laptop sooner or later. Just wait until someone starts talking about the rest of Intel's pipeline...you'll never feel comfortable buying a machine for fear that it'll be "outdated" within days.

It doesn't matter whether you're a PC or Mac user...there's always something better right around the corner.

9. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

You should read this page: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ which tells you the days since the last time a system was updated and the average number of days between updates.

The MBP is on day 146 since last update, with a reported average of 104 (not many updates to base that on, but you can compare it to the other machines).