Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
This brings back not-so-distant undergrad memories.

I wrote a bunch of 20 page research papers as an undergrad...I've been writing a lot more as a graduate student, but not necessarily long pieces - articles for academic journals might only be 10-12 pages without illustrations and citations. I expect my Master's thesis will be somwhere in the triple digits, but I'll have 9 months or so to write it after I finish my fieldwork, so I'm not worried.:)

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
23 pages on medieval religious minorities in 6th grade, then 57 pages on the effects of caffeine on cognitive ability for the illinois state science fair. sheesh, those took a while!

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
37 pages on Queen Elizabeth in 9th grade (last year)... the longest I've written this year so far is 3 pages.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
Longest peer-reviewed paper i've written was 10 pages printed.

But my PhD thesis was 249 double-sided pages - so that's definitely the longest thing i hope to ever write. :)

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Never went for a post-grad degree (and never plan to, more school = yuck). So the longest paper I've ever written was an 18-page paper about the effects of Orson Welles' "War of the Worlds" broadcast on mass media in America for a seminar class on the history of American radio and television.

If I'd known more about Ed Murrow's life when we had to select a topic (early in the semester) I would've chosen something to do with him instead. As the semester went on we spent a lot of time on Murrow's contributions to CBS' news department and I basically developed the biggest historical-crush of my life. :D By happenstance, "Good Night and Good Luck" came out just as we finished that portion of the class and so several of us went to go see it. Having just researched all the issues surrounding the McCarthy broadcasts I think we all had a greater appreciation for the film (though obviously not all of it was perfectly accurate).

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
My longest will be my senior research in the Political Science department, which will probably roll in at around 125-150 pages.

Currently, the longest one I've written was 30 double-sided pages for my American Foreign Policy Formulation course.

Longest foreign language paper will be my Senior Project for German next year, which will be anywhere from 15-20 pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.