What's the most inappropriate act to be on stage at an Apple Keynote?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Abstract, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What is the most inappropriate musician or band that Apple could put on stage at a future keynote? What about an inappropriate song? Its not like Kanye singing "Gold Digger" fit the mood, but hey, there may have been some rap fans there, right?

*sound of crickets*

Anyway, should Apple stick to "safe" people like John Mayer?

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve put Black Eyed Peas up on stage one time. They're Apple guys, and Steve guys. And they could play "My Humps" on stage. Oh yes, "my humps, my humps, my humps.......my lovely little lumps." :p

2. mpw Guest

The Chairman of Sony at last years WWDC? What was the point?

I’ve not seen anyone comment on it, so it might just be me, but anyone else find Gold Diggar sexist?

3. iGary Guest

iGary

Gun's n' Roses singing "Mama Kin" off the "Lies" album.

"This is a song about your effing mother." :D

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

5. GrannySmith_G5 macrumors 6502

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

yes, i think the gold digger song is pretty lousy...

i think that the performances should try to be mainstream, lets the products speak for themselves, not your over-the-top artists

7. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think the song Gold Digger is fine. I think Kanye West is fine. However, that song for that crowd wasn't fine. I think another song would have been better, like "Hey Mama." Can't argue with that song. Lots of people in that room wouldn't have look so "Mike Myers-ish" as Kanye rapped that one.

How about Dave Matthews Band? Sure, people do love them, but if they sang "Crash Into Me," that would be a bit disturbing, wouldn't it? "And I come into you-oo-hooo.........in a boys dream."

8. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

Darn! Beat me to it...

How's about the Impotent Sea Snakes? That's about as close to GG as you can get without raising him from the dead.

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Next time, Hillary Duff. Got to get the young 'uns while they are still impressionable. Or it might be fun to see her get laughed off stage.

10. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Could get Kanye West in to have another (well deserved) pop at Bush?

11. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

ohh how about those corporate boot lickers in U2?

12. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Let's try to keep this in community instead of having it moved to politics. There's a time and place for political stuff, this isn't either.

13. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Bill Gates! Maybe you guys are too young to remember that. I thought it was the end of Apple, or at least the end of the Apple I knew and loved.

Whew, glad it turned out ok.

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Bring back Jim Morrison with the Doors. Convince him he's playing in Miami again...

15. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

They just need to have another Us Fest, seriously. For those that don't remember, in the early 80s (before Apple lost it's cool, while Jobs and Woz were still a team) they laid down sod over part of the desert, had air-conditioned tents, and threw a rock festival in part for their employees and the press. This was two decades before Apple got into digital music... they knew how to throw a party :)

edit: I'm not sure if it was Apple or Wozniac that officially sponsored it, so don't flame me.