Whats The Most Insane Thing You've Seen/Heard

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Phat_Pat, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I'm just really curious about the kinds of stories that everyone here has.

It doesn't need to be gross of disturbing or sad, though it could be if you want, it can be awesome, neat or incredible. In fact it could be just interesting:)

If you have links to pics or videos, awesome.
    as long if its gross you warn us :eek:

So MR, what is the most insane thing you've seen/heard? :confused:

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

well most insane.

Suicide Golf.

Indeed that was a game i played when i was younger

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

4. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Probably the most insane thing I have ever heard comes from two sources 1. the Bush Administration 2. Scientists who are funded or backed by people with vested interest in the continuance of the sales of fossil fuels.

The most insane thing that they say is that, Green House gases are not as serious as we think and that we are at "normal" levels of CO2 and at the normal average for temperatures. Anyone wonder why we have been having such high intensity hurricanes lately? Think Katrina and Rita, yea well that's what happens when you increase the ocean temperature as fast as the world has. But then again the vast majority of scientists must be wrong, lets listen to the minority on this one. The ones who get paid more to think that Greenhouse Gases are not a problem. Global Warming is not a scare tactic it is real.

That my friends is insane.

Edit: This in no way has anything to do with the post above. (However the post above is rather insane as well)

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

"if it weren't for my horse, i never would have spent that year in college."

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

"We are killing these people so that they may become free."

7. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

More bizarre than insane I guess:
    1.) What language is that? --Elvish. --Of Course! The Yiddish Elvis!
    2.) Trust the fungus.
    3.) Mario will never start shooting hookers.
    4.) The old hag, she knoweth not the value of her gold. Let us trade it from her for yonder Skittles.

8. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

The most insane thing I have ever seen would have to an opalized homonid skull and an opalized Dino skeleton...really cool looking :rolleyes:

9. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

"Windows is better/more reliable than OS X" or the ever impressive.. "My PC has two mouse buttons & can play games"

Ed

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I wasn't gonna drag politics into this, but since it's already here, I'll concur with those who think four more years of these lunatics is the most insane thing I've ever seen.

Sir, you are welcome in the political forum any time. :cool:

(That is, Matt G, not Bush.)

11. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Not sure what building this is or what they're doing but thats on hell of a job

[​IMG]

12. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I seen a guy jump infront of a bus. The insane part was that the bus stopped. He was a douchebag. The bus should have hit him.

13. Zaid macrumors 6502

I was in paris when bush won the last election. One of the weekly magazines over there covered with a particularly goofy pic of the illustriousLeader and a caption which said translates more or less as "****!, not another four years!"

14. jdechko macrumors 68040

Dang, I was beaten to it! Gotta love Lewis Black.

15. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i was waiting for someone to get that! :D lewis black is quite entertaining...

16. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, they are changing lightbulbs.

17. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I had an English Lit teacher my junior year who, I swear to God, smoked at least 13 metric tons of crack when she was younger. She would always shout things, with no real provocation or cause, like:

"You just know they're cloning people in some crazy third-world country like Scotland!" (Wide-eyed, she starts looking at each of her students, as though one of us might be a clone.)

"Next time somebody asks me if I'm a teacher I'm going to shout, 'NO! I'M A CHEMICAL ENGINEER!' HAHAHAHA!" (Laughs maniacally for a full thirty seconds.)

"If you didn't like 'Heart of Darkness' it's your own fau... wait! Did she just... was that... did Mrs. Ritzdorf just molest you?!" (A different teacher had just bumped into me while walking by.)

She is, of course, one of my favorite-ever teachers. :)

18. Sogo macrumors 6502

WOW! She sounds like a lot of fun! Wish i had her, as a teacher.

19. AmericanIdiot12 macrumors regular

mines not really that insane...but it is the worst business idea ever

there was a thai restarurant near my house that went under new ownership and made it a thai-country restaurant

its called the hot chef: country chicken

i got teryaki chicken and a garden salad and my mom got hot wings and fried rice...the food was horrible

while we were in there 3 different groups walked in said "oh, i thought this was thai" or "oh man, this was my favorite thai place" and walked out

i just wanna ask that owner why

20. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

a few days after regan died:

"who cares about that ronald regan guy he was friends with hitler anyway"

this girl said that to me and i was like wow your stupid

21. kasei macrumors 6502a

kasei

I think we have a winner. No, not you George.

22. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

Re-defeat Bush. If he had been defeated before, re-defeating would mean having Bush again. And this was said by people that didn't like that political candidate.

23. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Most insane thing I've ever seen/heard... (sorry, I was so enthralled w/ iBlue's picture that I totally forgot about the thread's topic; hee :eek: ).

Freshman year at uni, I fell pretty ill-- to the point where 911 was called, while I was living in the dorms mind you. The firemen nearly needed an axe to get into our room because I wasn't well enough to open the door for them and nobody else was in/ responding to the thundering knocks.

By the time the firemen got the keys and got in I was sprawled on the floor, quite out of it, and the one in charge assigned different duties. One man was to get my pulse... a few seconds passed and the 'Boss' yelled, "What's her pulse?!" Man 1 replied, "Uhh, gimme a sec, I'm having a hard time gettin' it." A few more seconds go by, Boss, "Okay, pulse?" Man 1 ashamedly says, "Um, I can't get it." Frustrated, Boss says, "Can somebody else, please get her pulse?" Man 2 steps up (meanwhile my wrist feels like it's been squeezed into a pulp from them frantically squeezing it to find a pulse) and attempts. Man 2 quickly admits defeat saying, "We can't get a pulse," and finally the Boss says, "Get outta the way, I'll do it."

Eh, obviously I'm okay now... but that's quite the 'insane' experience to hear people talking about how you don't have a pulse. :eek:

24. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

that would be really scary hearing that if you were in the room...

glad to hear your ok :)