Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Filling out forms, I never knew what they were for. Please enlighten :D

Would it be for an apartment number?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I think it's for apartment numbers, Routes,etc.

example:
KT
care of Alan Greenspan
1234 Fake street
Beverly hills, CA 90210

...right? I'm pretty sure that' sit.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
So it's:

SamIchi
123 Fake St
Apt. 33
New York, NY 00000

Like that? If so, I gotta go change my resume info...

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
katie ta achoo said:

example:
KT
care of Alan Greenspan
1234 Fake street
Beverly hills, CA 90210

Right as usual kt. :)

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
KT's right. We've had the apartment number cut off before when we've tried to put it on the same line as the rest of the street address (stupid UPS).

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
SamIchi said:
So it's:

SamIchi
123 Fake St
Apt. 33
New York, NY 00000

Like that? If so, I gotta go change my resume info...

Yes that is right. Although, as eva01 has said, you can also usually put the apartment info on the first line. :)

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
dmw007 said:
Yes that is right. Although, as eva01 has said, you can also usually put the apartment info on the first line. :)

Ok, cool, I'm not going to bother to change it then.

reh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2003
Arkansas
Just for the fun of it, here's the proper address formats. (I really hate those retarded shippers that can't understand a highway contract address, even though it's one of just a few standard USPS formats.)

BTW, I'll often use the second address line for my milepost, like so...

Arr E. Heech
HC 39 Box 275E
Mile 8 Somelong Hwy
Some City SS 93845

Attachments

• addresses.jpg
    addresses.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 8,615

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Just for the fun of it, here's the proper address formats. (I really hate those retarded shippers that can't understand a highway contract address, even though it's one of just a few standard USPS formats.)

BTW, I'll often use the second address line for my milepost, like so...

Arr E. Heech
HC 39 Box 275E
Mile 8 Somelong Hwy
Some City SS 93845

What if I live in the basement and you need to go through backyard get to deliver a pacakge

How would that look in an address?

Thanks

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Back when I was in college, I would always give the first line of the address as the street address of the mail room, and the second line as my box number.

As far as the postal service cared, the second line didn't matter. They would deliver to the address in the first line, and the second line was just so that the mail room would get it to me without having to go digging. Sometimes, people who were averse to shipping to PO boxes would get upset over my having "box" in my address, so I started just appending "#123" to the end of the street address. The mail room understood it in that format, so it caused less grief sometimes in getting stuff shipped.

At work, all non-USPS packages go to one particular room, and if I'm having something personal shipped I will usually stick the room number in the second line. Often, I put both the building name and the room number in addition to the street address. Granted it doesn't make much difference our four different drivers(UPS ground, UPS express, Fed-Ex ground, Fed-Ex express) are regulars and know the ins and outs, but it can help when we have a sub.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Back when I was in college, I would always give the first line of the address as the street address of the mail room, and the second line as my box number.

As far as the postal service cared, the second line didn't matter. They would deliver to the address in the first line, and the second line was just so that the mail room would get it to me without having to go digging. Sometimes, people who were averse to shipping to PO boxes would get upset over my having "box" in my address, so I started just appending "#123" to the end of the street address. The mail room understood it in that format, so it caused less grief sometimes in getting stuff shipped.

At work, all non-USPS packages go to one particular room, and if I'm having something personal shipped I will usually stick the room number in the second line. Often, I put both the building name and the room number in addition to the street address. Granted it doesn't make much difference our four different drivers(UPS ground, UPS express, Fed-Ex ground, Fed-Ex express) are regulars and know the ins and outs, but it can help when we have a sub.

Well I am going to see if they can follow the signs tomorrow

I did

Shawzborne
123 Superman Cres.
Rear Door Backyard Entrance
Krypton, ON
Canada

So hopefully they can figure it out

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Well I am going to see if they can follow the signs tomorrow

I did

Shawzborne
123 Superman Cres.
Rear Door Backyard Entrance
Krypton, ON
Canada

So hopefully they can figure it out
That might work fine.

Back when I was in college, I lived in a basement apartment that had its entrance at the rear of the house. It was designated by a "B", so to borrow your example, it was like, "123B Superman Cres." whereas the normal house address was "123 superman Cres".

Can your local post office help give you any info?

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
That might work fine.

Back when I was in college, I lived in a basement apartment that had its entrance at the rear of the house. It was designated by a "B", so to borrow your example, it was like, "123B Superman Cres." whereas the normal house address was "123 superman Cres".

Can your local post office help give you any info?

Well it was the weekend so they only reply on twitter during weekdays so I ended up DM’ing a ups agent for a while. I shipped out a swiffer, and pizza slicer from amazon so will see if it arrives in the right spot..

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Well it was the weekend so they only reply on twitter during weekdays so I ended up DM’ing a ups agent for a while. I shipped out a swiffer, and pizza slicer from amazon so will see if it arrives in the right spot..
At least the world won't end if they don't! :D

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Filling out forms, I never knew what they were for. Please enlighten :D

Would it be for an apartment number?

more space :D

example:
KT
care of Alan Greenspan
1234 Fake street
Beverly hills, CA 90210

Is that my address of the Apple Store ? The 'Beverly Hills' part is correct anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.