What's the scoop?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AbSoluTc, Feb 26, 2012.

1. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

I don't post very much here but I was curious what the deal was when I am in the IPHONE forum looking at threads about other phones, HTC, Android, Sony. Is is not the iPhone forum anymore? We can post anything about any phone in there? Please help me understand this as my post in one of the threads was removed without any explanation. Would love to know why.

2. macrumors 68020

Firestar

A forum about iPhones won't be purely about iPhones- there are other competition that will be discussed.

It'd be best to use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to find out about your post being deleted.

3. macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

This is an Apple-related board, but it's not strictly Apple either.

4. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

If you want an answer about the removal of a specific post, please use the contact form as we don't like to discuss those things in public.

In general though, non-iPhone phones are discussed in the iPhone forum because they inevitably end up comparing other phones to the iPhone and there really isn't a better place to put them.

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

How about a non iPhone sub forum?

6. Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It's come up before, but usually, most discussions on non-iPhones end up comparing said non-iPhone to the iPhone.

7. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Similar suggestions have been discussed before, but they've never gained any traction. I just don't think it makes much sense, because it's extremely rare that one of these threads doesn't eventually end up talking about the iPhone as well.

8. macrumors 601

Tilpots

...and they release a different phone every other week, rendering the previous model/thread obsolete. ;)