What's the strangest thing you've been glued to?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mpw, Jun 26, 2006.

1. mpw Guest

What's the strangest thing you've either been super/crazy-glued to or had glued to you? Either by accident, deliberately or maliciously.

No posting something like "A swan" without further details of how and why and where and charge/convictions relating to the story!!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Glued a dinner plate to my head (well, my hair) when I was trying to fix a crack because I'd just dropped it. It came off with relative ease but I had a red bald patch for a little while. :eek:

mpw, clearly you have a story to tell...

3. dcv macrumors G3

I'm sure someone at the picnic had a good glue-related story... I can't quite remember how it went now (wonder why that is!).

As for me... I don't remember ever having super-glued anything to myself but have had 'interesting' experience with home waxing kits... :o

4. Queso macrumors G4

I superglued myself to the fairing of my motorbike once. Quite embarrassing as I did it out in the street and lots of people were laughing as they walked by.

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

So far I have yet to be glued to anything. However, I have spilled my share of super glue on my hands. Once I didn't realize the spout was loose so the whole bottle emptied on my hand. My hand had a plasticy glue coating for like a week.

6. mpw thread starter Guest

No, that's between myself the other party and the veterinarian......Joke™.

Just trying to coax a certain story out of a certain member from the London picnic. They know who they are.

7. Queso macrumors G4

Interesting. This is something I missed....:D

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's well worth hearing...:D

9. Queso macrumors G4

Now I'm really intrigued. I hope the mystery British, German, Kiwi or Norwegian member 'fesses up :cool:

10. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Rather appropriately given my 'tar, a Subbuteo player. Sheffield Wednesday, if I remember rightly. :D

11. iGary Guest

iGary

A roll of fly line.

I use this stuff called "Zap-A-Gap. which is basically thickened Krazy Glue, to put leaders on the end of my fly lines...one time i got a bit too generous with it. :eek: :eek:

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Ouch, that sounds quite painful mad jew! :eek:

13. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I missed this one too :(

14. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Myself.
    I couldn't get the tube of Crazy Glue opened, so I put it in my mouth to give it a twist. It squirted REAL good, gluing my lips together and it got on my tongue, and it also glued 3 of my fingers together. My tongue didn't stick to anything... just had a hard film... when I FINALLY got my fingers and lips apart to check.
    It was NOT pretty.

15. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

go on then:rolleyes:

On my stag night last year my mates decided to get my so drunk,
    Whiskey beer vodka alco pops malibu archers all went down (some back up)

so halfway through the night i was introduced to a lovely lady (can't remember her name) who was quiet the party girl :D
    My mates then got this lovely girl blind drunk too - the normal competitions of lines of shots ,first one to the end yadda yada ya ....

then it happend...

i was on the dance floor dancing real bad with the party girl when my good ol mate Andy grabbed my hand and squirted Loctite® Super Glue in my hand , then decided to grab the party girls hand and shove it in mine.

great so now i was stuck to the party girl - which turns out to be a prostitute my friends hade payed to do party girl things :eek:

so after a few minutes of my trying my best to get this girls hand outta mine (we spent alot of time in the mens toliets trying to wash hot water on it to no joy)

so we had no choice but to go to A & E and it is amazing how a drastic situation sobbers you up - in my case i disocoverd that the party girl(prostitute) was one ugly mare! :eek: the emmbaressment of walking hand in hand with an ugly prositute to A & E was hard , but the long wait in A & E with everyone looking at me was very hard :eek:

still could have been worse - i think :D

Attached Files:

16. Queso macrumors G4

Good job you didn't slow dance cheek-to-cheek. What happened when one of you wanted to go to the toilet? :D :D :D

17. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Ooops... and you looked so quiet at the picnic... :eek:

18. mpw thread starter Guest

Hand to hand? Fully clothed? indoors? Same species? Your friends are rank amateurs, you got off lightly mate!:D

19. iGary Guest

iGary

You Brits know how to party...I'm moving.

20. Queso macrumors G4

Towards us or away? :D Wouldn't blame you either way

21. ToddW macrumors 6502a

that happens to me one out of every three times i go fishing
    zap-a-gap is some good stuff

22. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I thought I saw on TV that acetone is supposed to help release the bonds if you accidentally glue stuff together that shouldn't be.

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I glued the ass of my pants to a table one time in college. :cool:

I'd been up for about 45 hours at that point, and had critiques in less than an hour (the deadline for switching from white glue to more quick drying glues) and still had work to do on one of my models.

I had applied some glue to one portion, not realizing I had gotten quite a bit on the table in the process, and I then proceeded to pick up the model I was working on, turn around, and sit on the edge of the table while I held the two offending pieces together to wait for the glue to set up.

Needless to say, by the time the glue was dry enough for me to let go of the model, my ass was firmly attached to the table.

I had to give my presentation with a chunk of plywood from the table top attached to my posterior, which I suppose is still better than doing the same with a piece of my pants still attached to the table...

:p

24. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

LOL

Good trick, only I'd have placed your hand elsewhere on the chick....:cool:

25. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yup. Like your fingers...

http://www.krazyglue.com/faq/faq.asp?question=cat_2

B