Whats the superdrive favorite kind of food? (good blank dvd cds)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alag28, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

what are some good quality blank dvd's for the superdrive? and is the superdrive a reilable burner? in other words does it do the job everytime flawlessly?

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

You should try buying the Apple branded blank DVDs, since they are Apple branded they'd just work(tm) :rolleyes:

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

TDK are pretty good. Only one coaster in the last couple of years at work and that was when I was doing a lot of Photoshop work at the same time as burning.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Pioneer Superdrives are far and away the most reliable disc reader/writers I've ever used.

I use a lot of TDK media, but I also have some Philips CD-RWs, Memorex DVD-Rs, and Sony DVD-RWs that work fine too. I've had a number of failed burns with the Philips CD-RWs, usually after a quick-erase with Toast. Luckily they're RWs so I can just try again.

5. deebster macrumors 6502

Verbatim are very reliable, but be sure to get discs with the code TYG02, which are made by Taiyo Yuden.

A good place to read about the performance of different discs is cd freaks

6. generik macrumors 601

generik

The new drives are not Pioneer, but Matshi<whatever>, it is that brand owned by Panasonic.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't know what's best, but I have two Imation DVD+R DL discs that my Panasonic UJ-846 won't read. I'm pretty sure that they're from different "batches".