What's the thinnest iPad 2 case for rear? Works with Smart Cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by deadstockmarket, Apr 19, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

I've been searching around for the thinnest iPad 2 case that will cover there rear. Can anyone help me out with this? There's just so many cases out there. Also do any of the rear cases work with the smart cover? One that probably has the magnet part clear so that the smart case can latch on?

2. macrumors member

I just pre ordered the enki case. Really looking forward to getting it in hand.

enkigear.com

3. thread starter macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

You guys have been great. Both looks amazing! Which to get is now the problem. It's exactly what I've been looking for!

4. macrumors member

Happy to help.

If it sways your decision at all, if you pre order the enki case, you also get a sleeve that will hold your ipad 2 (with enki case and smart cover attached) as a free gift. Just my 2 cents.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

I saw that too. They look pretty identical. I just have to figure out if I want a clear one or a green one to match my smart case...decisions, decisions...haha

6. macrumors 68000

Well, the Enki is not available for another two weeks. The smartshell "appears" to be available now, but only from that one store (or at least the only store claiming to have it instock).

The smart shell looks like a decent option, but lacks color options or a clear version. I wonder if they are some how determining which colors are the best selling smart covers and are going with that. It would be nice to have something match my Navy color, but so far I have to stick with clear.

7. macrumors 68000

Also, below is a list that I put together in a response in another thread. It's not comprehensive, but should give you some other options. The comments by each are my own observations, so take them how you want. :p

8. macrumors newbie

I am on the same boat looking for a thin (very thin) case to go with my Smart cover. Looks like the thinnest one is 1mm.

Still debating whether I should use a case or just apply the skin.

9. macrumors regular

10. macrumors 6502

I'm planning on using a black iCarbon skin on the back of my iPad in conjunction with a smart cover and folio until my beloved Belkin gripvue becomes available for the iPad 2. Should protect it well from scratches in the meantime and peel off cleanly when time (unless I decide to leave it on with the case)

11. macrumors 68020

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1140218