What's this mean? (Weather widget)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Josias, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I just checked my weather widget and got this?

10 minutes ago it displayed bright sunlight. Næstved is the city where I go to school, it is around 30 km from where I live, and it's sunny/cloudy where I am. Is this just an error. I didn't get to check my Vista weather widget, and though I'm sure it's no big deal, I just wanted to be sure what it was.

Also, I can't remembe how to do the trick where you cycle through the different types of weather the widget can display.:D

Attached Files:

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

If you click on the city name and it will open up a browser window with a more detailed weather report. Usually there will be a label describing the current weather condition. But...I believe that this is probably an error (since you said it was sunny). Click command + r to refresh the widget and see if anything changes.

4. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

Thanks alot. I clicked the city name, and apparently that means "clear" weather. I knew the Cmd+R thingy (cool effect;) ), but thanks a lot. Just got worried the moon was falling down.:p

Also, thanks for the Cmd+Alt tip. :)

5. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

speaking of the weather widget, mine just says "NaN" at every place where a temperature should be displayed, and has no pictures... any ideas why this is happening? My internet's working fine...

edit: well it seems that it works fine if I set the city to Boston rather than Worcester... must just be an issue with the weather... station... thingy here

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Sounds like a problem with the data feed. Where are you trying to get data for?

NaN is Not A Number.