Whats this? Perhaps Spaceship 2

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dont Hurt Me, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Some interior shots and views for Spaceship 2. This article is about upcoming space travelhttp://www.space.com/businesstechnology/061004_tw_space_tourism.html and space tourism of all kinds.:) Its interesting that they are now showing Spaceship 2's inside and the comfort it will have and the many ports for people to view space from. Lots of nice slides to look at just click on spaceship 2 in the article.

Attached Files:

2. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Here's another shot for those interested on Burt's next vehicle and Virgins new Spaceship.

Attached Files:

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

No comments? here is some of the First photos of what its going to look like. Just awesome.

heres another

And a great view. We now know what its going to be and look like. Just a little different from spaceship one.:)

Attached Files:

4. iGav macrumors G3

The interior looks nothing other than fabulous... almost Kubrick in it's simplicity and execution. :D

Lets just hope they allow you to take an iPod up with you so I can listen to The Beautiful Blue Danube whilst looking out into space. :D

5. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thats funny I was thinking space 2001 when I first saw those interior shots. Notice how they changed the wing vs spaceship 1. Anyone here have $200,000 so I can take a ride? Anyone?:eek:

6. Bedawyn macrumors regular

Yeah, if I could afford a ticket, like I'd be giving it away. I try to be generous, but I wouldn't go that far. ;-)

Thanks for posting these. Space exploration is one of those things that's really important to me, but I rarely have time to follow these days, so I'd probably never have seen them otherwise.

7. iGav macrumors G3

I'd expect/hope to see prices drop to 10k in yours (or my) lifetime... especially considering the likely proliferation of this technology over the coming decade.

It's incredible to think that maybe, just maybe, one day I'll be able to go up. Incredible. :D

8. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

It still seems as if it would be a rough ride getting there...I wonder if they will turn people away based on health issues? Or if there will be pretend astronaut training to see if one can handle the G forces of the ride up and back. It also seems like a steep price for a glimpse versus orbital trip...but as it was said earlier - prices should come down and the technology will continue to develop.

Nice looking interior for sure though...;)

9. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I wonder if that interior works a bit like this does:
    [​IMG]

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

This is incredibly exciting stuff for me - the possibility that I could someday afford even a brief jaunt into space (assuming that either prices come way down or I make a fortune off my idea of edible shoes) is very appealing to me. I've followed Rutan for decades, and he's a true genius.

Fantastic stuff.

11. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

edible shoes:D I would start saving if I was you. I cant imagine anyone eating my shoes with some of the stuff I have stepped into.

12. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Wow. Like many people, I cant believe that I may just be leaving earth's atmosphere in my lifetime.

Simply incredible.

13. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

when the price comes down to 10k-15k and i'm a bit more loaded on the cash sense then i will give it a whirl

Looks great !