What's up with 12" PB 1gb RAM prices?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Chip NoVaMac, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Not too long ago I mentioned that they had gotten down to under $300 at Crucial. Now that I have tax refund money in hand the price is now $415!

Is this a momentary spike? Or something longer term?

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

RAM prices go up as well as down. I'd noticed that the 512MB module for the 12" PB that I bought in January for £71 had gone down to £61 in Februrary but now it's gone back up at £79. It'll go down again with time, it's just unfortunate for you!

3. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

4. gravityplan macrumors newbie

Can the ibook take the 1gig card? I know it "officially" can't, but the 1 gig is the same type and speed as the memory the ibook takes and someone told me it'd work, but I'm not about to drop hundreds of dollars on a card without more reassurance- and does it void Applecare to do these unofficial kind of upgrades?

5. jane doe macrumors 6502

Their TOO HIGH priced, thats whats up with them. Wait a few months. The price will drop by half when more companies make that size SODIMM.

6. Bhennies macrumors 6502

trans international makes a 1BG card for the iBook. Do a google search. It runs about 350.