what's up with my mighty mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sam10685, Apr 11, 2006.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i love this thing... it's so useful. ('cept where's the bluetooth one???) anyway, the rolley polley scroll ball thingy doesn't always work. it's really starting to bum me out. what can i do? idea's anyone?

2. theheyes macrumors regular

There is a Bluetooth one.

For the rollerball to work it needs to be pressed slightly at the same time. Are you doing this?

I used the mighty mouse for about a week before going back to my wireless Microsoft mouse. :rolleyes:

3. Bakey macrumors 6502

The link is to the standard single-button BT mouse - at present there isn't a Bluetooth enabled Mighty Mouse...

For the record I've recently purchased a MM myself and must say it's simply fantastic; dunno what all the moaning is about it! Although I do find myself heading for the keyboard instead of utilising the "right click"!

Horses for courses and all that...

4. sintaxi macrumors member

the mighty mouse had a good run with me but i eventually went back to good ol logitech.

5. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

The ball most likely just needs to be clearned. Grab a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. Use the q-tip soaked in alcohol to rotate the ball around. Make sure to get er good and covered, then turn it over with the ball facing down. Push down with a little force and move it quickly back and forth and in all directions.

Works for me every time.

6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

There are two types of Mighty Mouse though.

MA086ZM/A - Rev. A (Ball clogs more easily)
    MA086B/A - Rev. B/Feb '06 onwards (Generally more reliable)

7. theheyes macrumors regular

I stand corrected. :)

The might mouse is alright, and believe me I wanted to like it, but there were a few things my old mouse simply did better.