whats up with red?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by virus1, Apr 7, 2006.

1. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

the red digital camera maker slated to release its 4k camera sometime in the next few months site has dramatically changed. looks like a brushed steel/spotlight/hal lookalike. apparently it is now counting down to something 12 days from now. too early to be nab, isn't it? maybe they are announcing it just before nab?

check it out

just a question: would this cam be the first cam capapble of shooting digital IMAX films?

update: using my advanced freshman high school math skills, i figured that it is counting down to april 20th at 9:13 in the morn (about +/- a few min, or more, based on how much i messed up on the calculations)

NAB: confrences: 22nd till 27th
    expo: 24th - 27th

2. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Interesting, I´m not sure you will get IMAX quality out of a 4K though

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

IMAX quality is obscene...I wouldn't expect to see digitally-shot IMAX stuff for a while...

4. virus1 thread starter macrumors 65816

virus1

hmm... now it says arriving at nab 2006, so that clears it up. can't wait to see what is happening with this strange new company. it says they have been around since '99, but i haven't seen any other cameras from them.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The company is started by Jim Jannard <sp?>, the guy who founded Oakly. I guess he's a weekend shooter/photograher and has decided there is a niche in the market he can fill.

The link post by SpAtZ gives a lot of RED info.

Lethal