What's up with SpyMac?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by clubsport, Jun 8, 2002.

1. clubsport macrumors member

When will Spymac be online, and whats happening to it? If you're browsing here Atari, or any other Spymac webmaster, shed some light into whats going on.

Besides, I'm missing it already :)

2. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Re: What's up with SpyMac?

I used to wonder why people went to that site, and then I recalled a piece of non-fiction by Stephen King, called Danse Macabre in which he wrote at length about the field of horror writing/movies/radio/etc. In it, he speaks of what he calls 'The Siren Song of Crap'... and then I understood why people go to spymac.com

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

It being fixed up
    they are optimising the site to reduce load times

4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Hm, last time it was the forums and the "intercepted" messages, now it's the whole dang site... wonder what exactly they mean by "optimization".

5. clubsport thread starter macrumors member

Hey, whats so bad about panties :)

I dunno why you guys don't like Spymac. Seriously, now nearly every one of their rumors is true, and you get a gallery and webmail too.

Whats so bad about that?

Also, you get the community box, so you can see rumors from 5 different sites anyway.

6. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Re: Ehh

he he. I saw that thread too. Couldn't quite believe what i was reading!

Spymac caters to different tastes though, so it has its' place, and use. I wouldn't be too fussed though if it were to go down, as long as the member didn't invade MR :D

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Ehh

You know, swahilibill, we just recently in the past month, had a cross site flamewar going with SpyMac. Ridiculous, stupid and silly. If you don't like SpyMac, don't go there. There are plenty of members who visit both sites, they've had the inside on a couple of rumors lately, arn posts their rumors when they come up. There is nothing wrong with what they're doing, don't go bashing them here. If you don't like it, go there and tell them what you think. As a MacRumors member, keep in mind how your bashing effects everyone here.

We all just need to get along....

And what's this about the panties? I missed that one, I don't go there often and hardly to the forums.....

8. GadgetDon macrumors 6502

GadgetDon

We've had a couple threads, which someone keeps posting in to keep them alive, about wearing panties, purely for comfort. I have done my best to avoid posting in them.

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

erm, just what kind of "different tastes"? :rolleyes:

10. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I'll let this thread speak for me :rolleyes:

But hey, we have some pretty ridiculous chats here too at times...

For anyone who missed it, you can get the panties thread here

11. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Riiiiiiight... comfort..... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I personally would have a hard time respecting a guy wearing panties....

just doesn't seem right, if they were that comfortable there would be a version of underwear for men that would have all the same features but wouldn't be called panties

OMG, now I've done it, we're not starting a thread on panties here are we....maybe we should stop before things get out of hand....

13. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

You're welcome to start up that thread in the community area if you so desire, but i'm not going anywhere near it!

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

No, not going to do that. I was commenting on the fact that I responded to the panty issue and we started a small discussion on this thread. Shouldn't do those sort of things, you know?