What's up with the iMovie/iDVD??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by j23423rx, Jun 23, 2006.

1. j23423rx macrumors newbie

I just burn a DVD from my video tapes and when I play the DVD on TV, it keep skipping. I mean, if you play it from the beginning, it seems ok. But if you try to start from say, the 3rd chapter; then you would be kick back to the menu. What's up with that? I never had that problem before, but the last time I made DVDs out of a video tape was a while ago. Is there something changed with newer iMoive/iDVD? :confused: :confused:

2. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

Try a slower burn rate, this will result in a lower chance of data loss (ie. the cause of your skipping). It's not the apps, if anything it's your media.

3. j23423rx thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought so too, I tried 4 different disc, all name brands (Verbatim/TDK/Apple/HP) - same result. So no one else has the same problem? :eek: The problem is really with the chapters. If I play straight from beginning to the end, it is fine. If I choose to start from chapter 3, then it will play for a few sec. then skip back to the menu.

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Try re-burning, but first delete all of the encoded assets from the iDVD file. This will force iDVD to re-render the disk, and hopefully fix your problems :)

5. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

I had the very same problem when burning a VCD (video from imovie) with toast, and I thought it was the burning speed. I really doubt imovie would be the problem. I think it more likely that it was the burning speed (wasn't 1, or 2x) or the disk rendering (as opposed to the video rendering).

6. j23423rx thread starter macrumors newbie

So reducing burning speed did fix your problem? I am going to try both suggestions (re-burn and reduce burning speed), actually I am going to try to do this on another machine as well (my old ibook) and see what happens. Thanks a lot guys.:D

7. j23423rx thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck, used my ibook to burn another DVD and still has the same problem. I think that's a bug in iDVD..........