Whats up with the Orlando Magic?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macmaniac, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

They have been doing really bad. 0-17 since their first and only win in the beginning of the season. They have T-Mac and a lot of other great talent why can't they snap out of it?
    I follow Fantasy NBA and T-Mac has been doing well but his team..........
    What are your thoughts?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's a good question. Living in the Orlando area, it gets tiring hearing about them.

They make it sound as if they're underpriveleged kids. The owner really wanted to sell the team but he couldn't get the money and so he made like he decided to keep the team after all that.

Supposedly, the latest coach is working with them better, so they'll be fine soon.

3. jywv8 macrumors 6502

I think, at this point, it is about 90% mental. I watched the Hornets-Magic game earlier, and they all just seemed depressed.

The other 10% is a combination of Juwan Howard being rather useless and them missing Darrell Armstrong more than anyone might have expected.

4. bcsimac macrumors 6502

The Magic dumped all of T-Mac's friends and all the players who had heart. T-Mac is the only player with heart on the team. You have a bunch of rookies or second year players who haven't totally developed yet and a bunch of players who have been rejected by other teams or are on their way out as far as being very useful anymore. Orlando has no inside presense either......Nobody to block shots and rebound.

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I think the entire NBA is in trouble right now. Ratings are down and the entire Eastern conference is horrible. Shot percentages are in the cellar and as a result scoring is at an all time low. An argument could be made that too many kids are coming out of high school or leaving after a year or two in college to the draft without ever having developed sound fundamental basketball skills. I for one don't even bother watching any regular season games. Think I'll just wait till the playoffs.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I go crazy over basketball. I don't sleep from the end of October to the end of March but I don't really watch the NBA for a couple of reasons:

Almost all of them I've seen saunter down the court as if they're too rich to be bothered.

Almost all of them I've seen are overpaid, whiny children.

Most pro team sports seem this way to me any more. Am I wrong?

7. bcsimac macrumors 6502

College teams can be just as bad these days. Remember Michigan during the Fab Five days.....they sauntered down the court like they owned the college basketball world.

8. ajkst1 macrumors member

The NBA needs some freshness. The media is trying make something out of this LeBron and Carmelo thing, which is pointless. The West will continue to dominate because they have all the big guys. I don't care how much heart Allen Iverson has, he's not going to carry a team that has a bunch of garbage players. The Hornets are the most legit team the East and even they won't be that good in the playoffs. I'm a big fan of college hoops...even though UConn is overrated.

9. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

exactly... the nba sucks. they draw less tv viewers than mlb. college hoops is so much more fun to watch and is much more entertaining. and yes, uconn is waaaay over-rated.

10. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I think the only NBA related material I follow now is the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case.