Whats with all these threads?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by TheMonarch, Sep 5, 2005.

1. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I've been noticing all these threads (which eventually end up being moved to the wasteland) advertising SPAM -dot- COM

WTF?

Is there some type of filter that we can use to that they can't be posted in the first place? Kinda like a profanity filter (heck, why not add it to the profanity filter?)

What is that site about anyways? I don't want to make it seem like the ads are working, so I've never visited it [kinda like what I do with my spam email]

Just my feedback :eek:

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Those devious mods edit out the URLs and change them to "spam" when they banish the threads. Is that what's messing with your head?

3. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

I'm guessing that the Mods just edit out the URL as soon as they see it, and wasteland it.

I don't think there's any filters here. None that I've ever noticed anyway.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If there is a problem with people posting the same sites with referal numbers -- like the free ipod dot com losers.

It does get added to the profanity filter, everyone gets tired of them real quick.

None of the freecrap.com is allowed, the commercial advertising spam just gets tossed real quick.

Report it using the [​IMG] and it will be taken care of.

The mod edits make sure they don't get any advertising/benefit at all.

5. TheMonarch thread starter macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Oh my, I'm a

s...l...o...w... one.

I think its messing with my head because sometimes I see them blanked out, and other times they're spam dot com...

My apologies :eek: :eek: :eek: