what's wrong with kansas

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Don't panic, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i am so proud i was born there... or rather, intelligently designed there.

too bad i left within 6 months.

3. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

They argue that Evolution is not a proven theory... yet, they back ID - yet, which has very little to back it up.

Its not far from thinking Thunder and Lightening comes from an angry god.

Will they try to teach the Earth is only 6 thousand years old because of the bible, next?

( 6,000 comes from calculations based up on bible text -
    Also see:
    http://www.raptureready.com/rr-planet.html
    )

4. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Hopefully it won't be too late for these kids to learn about real science when they get to college. If you want to teach your children about the Bible's Creation, please do so. But don't pretend it is Science. It is faith.

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

it might have already been posted... but just for all those out there who bash all religions based on stuff like this....

the vatican has already declared intelligent design to be a sham. so that's saying something!

6. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

Yes, I heard about this a while back and I'm not sure whether to be relieved or frightened. For many centuries the Catholic church dragged its heals about allowing science to co-exist peacefully with relgion - now they seem much more open to letting them be different entities that do not need to be resolved.

It is also scary because it is just another indication of how extreme the American neo-conservatives are getting. Whatever happened to the old conservatives that just wanted low taxes for all, small government, less public programs and a government that stayed out of its citizens' affairs? I still may not have agreed with their policies very often but at least they had a sane and solid argument for their beliefs. This stuff is just bordering on madness, IMO.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

in other news

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm ashamed to live a couple hundred miles from the Kansas border. I'd say drop a nuke on Kansas to take care of the problem, but any survivors would migrate over here.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, but in Dover 8 out of 8 creationists were swept from office and replaced by Democrats. Call it a wash.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

In the end though, that only leads to further polarization of the population. Ive been in the Balkans for a couple of weeks now and the results of polarization due to religion and ethnicity arent very pretty. Unfortunately, the secular approach of France isnt proving very viable either.

Whats the answer...

11. tristan macrumors 6502a

I can't wait to see the Kansas textbooks. "If you travel to Washington, DC, you will discover the natural history museum. In this museum, you'll find a detailed fossil record that shows how simple single-celled life forms from millions of years ago evolved into plants and animals. You will also find exhibits devoted to our earliest primate ancestors. Please avoid this museum if possible. If you are forced inside, cover your eyes and ears and chant 'Satan, I rebuke thee and thine evil lies' until you are able to leave."

12. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

LOL.

You too will suffer due to the nuclear fallout!!

Move MUCH further away than several hundred miles!

13. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

Creationism is psuedo science. Evolution is a theory.

For a hypothesis to become a theory, it needs evidence. Evolution has plenty of crediable evidence. Yet still in science, nothing is truth. For example water is hydrogen and oxygen, in current understanding. Yet this is not truth, as new discoveries may trump older theories.

Creationism has no evidence whatsoever.

The sad thing is the USA is far behind in science and mathematics, compared to other countries.

Inteligunt desine anyone? :D

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Kansas, isn't that the big rectangular black hole in the middle of the United States where all knowledge gets sucked in and is never seen again?

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Uh oh.... Dover is in trouble now.
    Now THERE'S a Christian who is all about the love of Jesus... :rolleyes:

16. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

ROTFL.

He's an absolute hoot!

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I think the word you were looking for is "coot."