What's wrong with Spymac?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by kishba, Dec 29, 2001.

1. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

I'm sure most of you have visited spymac.com before. Their latest update claims they will be hosting *real* video of the iWalk (their made up device) on the site.

What do you guys think of this rumored device and this rumor site? Didn't Uncle Steve axe the PDA division? It seems making a PDA would be moving backward in time.

-----------
    867mhz G4 w/1.5 gigabyte of RAM
    17" Apple LCD Studio Display
    iPod
    FCP3!!
    -----------
    all this from a once pc lover and mac hater!

2. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

I’m not so sure about that…

I don’t think Apple is interested in taking any steps backwards with a PDA either. However, if you would have just told me 6 months ago that Apple was developing it’s own MP3 player, I would have been unimpressed. Now though – I don’t think anyone who’s had some real experience with other players wont be impressed by the iPod.

Keep an open mind. We really never know what they have up their sleeve.

3. newamiga macrumors member

They were wrong with the iPod intro and according to Shawn King's info they are wrong on Jobs at CES. There is no video on their site yet.. I suspect we will hear the excuses for why they couldn't get it until the 7th then when it doesn't show they will have an excuse that it has been yet again delayed. So where are the advertisers on that site? I for one don't see Iwalk coming to the stage on the 7th but I will be in the crowd if it does.

4. newamiga macrumors member

No Video what a suprise

Well their promised iWalk video is still not there humm call me suprised.. guess their mention of new announcements to be made by Macromedia (who are not listed as attendees this year) may be as wrong as their jumping on the Steve Jobs at CES rumor which was false. Who are these guys.. funny I don't see anyone jumping on their banner ad offers on their site.. wonder who finances these guys... they can't possibly continue with every rumor they publish wrong and no advertisers..

5. kishba thread starter macrumors 6502a

kishba

spymac has updated their site promising video within the next 24-48 hours

hmmm