Whats wrong with this picture...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by RobHague, Aug 21, 2005.

1. RobHague macrumors 6502

Jul 8, 2005
    THIS picture :rolleyes:

I was looking through eBay to see if i could find possibly a NEW PM G5 2.5ghz or something along those lines (maybe old stocks going cheap). Just to see if i could perhaps find a bargain, being nosy though mainly ;)

A brand new PowerMac G5 with a 23" Cinema Display - Cool:confused:. For a £1000... hmmm... ok. Checked the persons other items. New DELL XPS? 50" Plasma Screen? Area 51 Laptop? What they do? Raid a computer store? :D

Things became more suspect though with the request to email them outside of ebay. Ok thats not too suspect, i do it sometimes in adverts. But whats this? They cant seem to spell their own name in the email address? tastytigerbabe comes out as tastytiwgerbabe.....

Checked what they have sold in the past, all clothes. Suddenly they have become the 1337 techno god of bargain basement BRAND NEW PC stuffs ;)

But it just goes to show you can never be too careful. :mad: I emailed the actual account holder to let them know but it seems to me someone else is playing with their account, and id hate to be the actual account holder after all this. God knows what would have happened to anyone actually attempting to buy any of these items.
  2. RobHague thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 8, 2005
  3. DJ1UK Guest

Is there no way of reporting this seller? - it does look very very dodgy.

4. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2005
    Deepest Regions of Hell
    I would be skeptical...but who knows...maybe this guys is on drugs?
  5. iMacSE500 macrumors member

Jul 8, 2005
  6. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Jan 21, 2005
    New Zealand
    So... if I buy this computer, do you think Apple will give me a free upgrade to Tiger? :rolleyes:;):p
  7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Too late...the listing's been taken down...
  8. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    you can easily tell someone probably hacked into the account. if you look at the previously sold items, a lot of it is clothing type stuff.