What's your brand of deodorant/antiperspirant?

Discussion in 'Community' started by applekid, Sep 14, 2005.

1. applekid macrumors 68020

A perfect thread for our precious Community Discussion...

So, what kind of D.O. do you people use?

I'll admit I sweat PROFUSELY. While I'm driving, my back is dripping with sweat when I drive more than like 10 minutes with not enough air conditioning. When I work out on the elliptical at the gym, I have sweat dripping from my forehead after about 5 minutes of vigorous running (say 70 to 80 RPM). And now that I'm an aide for the office at school, I am often walking around school for several minutes at a time carrying papers and come back to the office with sweat dripping from my back (maybe I walk to fast). What really sucks is the school has such inconsistent temperatures. When it was really hot and humid for a majority of the building, I had a nice patch of sweat on the back of my gray t-shirt.

I will say I am slightly obese, so maybe I sweat a lot (hopefully for now). Reading the "Do you have shave down there" thread, it appears a little back hair could help ease my sweating issues. Too bad my back is completely nekkid!

But, anyways, getting back to my question... I use Speed Stick and can say it sucks. My underarms are dry long enough. I started using some Speed Stick on my back because I don't want frickin' sweat dripping down my back because of my office aiding job, but I think I need something stronger. I don't quite reek an odor when I sweat (luckily. Unless you're literally putting your nose right onto my clothing), so I guess I'm more in search of a good antiperspirant than a deodorant.

So, what's an effective brand of deodorant/antiperspirant? Preferably a spray that I can put all over my body.

Oh and is it true that aluminum stuff in deodorant/antiperspirants is unhealthy?

2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

How about a rubber undershirt with some gasket seals.

I use old spice red zone or something (also sweat a lot), but hate wearing any deodorant while working out. I prefer to sweat it all out, feels good and I'm just gonna shower anyway.

3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

old spice high endurance and a can of axe always handy. I'm not a big sweater either.

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

5. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i sometimes use that cheap stuff that goes by the naame of LYNX :eek:

but also use French-Connection-U-K sport. (slightly more expensive but still rather cheap:D

for special occasion i use Hugo boss "in motion".

tastic

6. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

7. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Old Spice High Endurance, but I will use a few other kinds depending on what is on sale. I sweat a lot as well under my arms, I find the best way to handle this is not only a decent deodorant, but also wear a tight white crew neck T-shirt under everything except T-shirts, etc. Even in the summer if you wear a Tshirt under your shirt you will stay cooler. It helps wick the sweat away.

You can use any deodorant you want and if you are a big sweater you will get wet spots under your arms without a T-shirt.

8. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

From a medical standpoint it is good if you sweat, even if your doing little. It means your bodies "cooling system" is working. Just be sure to get enough water though.

9. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Old Spice as it doesn't contain any aluminum zirconium (sp?).

10. denm316 macrumors 6502

I love Degree, and a little cologne or axe body spray

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Dove! I like the powder smell (like baby powder) or the unscented one.

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i hardly sweat, but if i do use deodorant/antipersperant its Axe all the way

13. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Currently using Axe deoderant/anti-perspirant and I don't really care for it. I've liked Old Spice High Endurance in the past.

Does anyone still use roll-on types? Do they still make it that way? I hated the way they felt going on.

14. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    old spice high endurance, i haven't found anything that works better. although one time i used my ex-girlfriend's deoderant because I forgot mine... i think it was ban, and it worked ok.

15. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Mitchum, and yes it is so effective you CAN skip a day.

16. AaronHeth macrumors member

Polo Blue. I like Axe sometimes, but I stick with Polo Blue.

17. Otto Rehhagel macrumors regular

Otto Rehhagel

Old Spice Classic: original scent.

I don't like to antiperspirants. They clog pores with aluminium salts so you can't sweat. Then aluminium can accumulate in the brain, leading to---always setting off metal detectors.

18. applekid thread starter macrumors 68020

Does that mean my body is generally heating up too much though? I'm glad my cooling system is working, but it's no fun when it's kicking in too often. :) I'm not quite drinking that whole "8 cups a day" of water, but I guess I'm getting enough water since I'm not dehydrating.

I do wear an undershirt to absorb some sweat, but there was that one day where the whole school was just too hot and humid that some sweat leaked onto the back of my shirt.

Me too. I was just giving an example on my profuse sweating skills :)

My underarms are dry enough, so I'm not looking for underarm protection. I need something for my back.

Looks like I'm buying some Old Spice High Endurance next time. They do sell that in a spray these days, right? I vaguely remember seeing them as sprays now. Anyways, thanks, people. But, keep posting if you have more to say.

19. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Well, if it is hot & humid out, you should be sweating. If it is 70 outside and your sweating like a pig (pigs don't sweat), there could be a problem. I am sure your fine. I sweat too, I consider myself to be very active and healthy, but heat just kills me. I can't run if its hot, I can't sleep if its hot, etc.

------

Don't you hate those people who smell pungently of deodorant? I mean you walk up to them and you almost get knocked out the smell is so strong. I'm not saying you shouldn't wear it, but people who smell "too good" is disgusting and makes me want to hurl.

20. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Old Spice Red Zone Invisible Solid. Works like a charm...:cool:

21. iGary Guest

iGary

I like walking around smelly...I do work at home after all....

I have no idea what I use, Rob buys it.

22. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale