What's your current mobile provider?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Aug 18, 2006.

?

What's your carrier?

1. US: Cingular

24.8%
  2. US: Verizon

20.2%
  3. US: Sprint Nextel

13.8%
  4. US: T-Mobile

13.8%
  5. US: Other

2.8%
  6. UK: Vodafone

5.5%
  7. UK: O2

6.4%
  8. UK: Orange

6.4%
  9. UK: 3

1.8%
  10. UK: Other

4.6%
  1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I was wondering what everyone is using. Since there seem to be quite a few UK people here, I decided to add some UK carriers. I've only put the four biggest for both countries.

Personally, I'm using Verizon right now, but plan on breaking my contract and going with T-Mobile so I can use it internationally. I've used all four in the US, and I think Sprint and T-Mob are the best.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to put in T-Mobile UK. I guess just put yourself into the other category.

2. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

Sprint.

Phones suck, but coverage is awesome around here. Plus with the family coverage pack we got years ago - its wayyyyy cheaper than any pack I can find today.

Just waiting for a RAZR clone thats not super $$$$.... which i may never see... anway.

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Have you checked out the Sanyo Katana? Sanyo's a brand exclusive to Sprint and I think the phones rock! My sister got a Katana (a precise Japanese knife, an original name) and she loves it. I just wish Sanyo started making phones for other carriers.

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

5. Queso macrumors G4

Just to show how you really needed it ;)

UK: T-Mobile

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

6 years with Sprint as of next month. Customer service on the phone is good but the stores are extremely variable.

Sanyo phones are good. The rest, including my newest phone...so-so.

7. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

I have changed provider 5 times the last 5 years...still have the same phonenumber and I can use anyone of my cellphones with my last provider (telenor). I will most likely change provider again later this year, since I have found a better deal.

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Sprint, I get good coverage in Austin, Texas. I'm happy with it :).

e

9. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Hmm... very Anglo-American centric poll... :( :p

I'm back with Tele2 after a couple of years with Chess.

10. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Been with them all.

Was with o2 Pay-and-Go, then Orange - this morning I just switched to a 3 contract.

800 mins, and 500 texts, 25 video mins, and 25 video/pic messages - £17.50 for the first 6 months, and £17.50 for the last 6 via Cash Back.

Love my phone, Sony Ericsson K800i. Just gotta find a WinBlows PC now, to upgrade the firmware from 3's crappy yucky one to Sony Ericssons generic one. :D

11. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I've tried most of the Dutch networks with the exception of Telfort/o2 (which has now been taken over by KPN). I'm currently with T-mobile which is great. Holland is great for cellphones. its flat and small so all providers have 99.99% national coverage! So in the end it comes down to the best prices and T-mobile wins. Will be extending my contract for a year or two in a few weeks (with cool new Nokia E61).
    I'll be going for a 29.50 euro plan per month. Which includes a bundle of 20 euros which is for messages and calling. And unlimited mobile internet for 9.50 per month!

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Unfortunately, Cingular. We're switching to TMo the day our contract is up in December.

13. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

02 in the UK. Been with them for 5 years and have had no problems at all.

14. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Started with T-mobile but left them when they refused me a decent upgrade and headed to Orange. Left them when they started changing the firmware on the phones so that it disabled some of the more useful features. Complained about that and they told me that it was a service so I could change handset without getting confused. :confused: The fact that they were taking away the selling points that made top models extra good seemed beyond them.

So I went to O2 who add their branding but don't particularly mess with the firmware. Been there 2 years and will probably stay for a third if they give me the new phone that I want (once I figure out what it is - N73, N80, k800)

15. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I've been with Sprint since 2000. The first phone was a PCS TouchPoint something or other, then came the PALM smartphones:

Kyocera 6035

Treo 300

and now the Samsung i500. I love this phone! People still ask me where they can get one, and when I tell them it was discontinued, they can't understand why. And neither do I! A small clamshell that looks and feels like a regular phone, but has a full-out PALM built in. I love it.

So, until Sprint comes out with a smaller Treo, I'm sticking with my i500.

16. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

in the last 2 years i think i've gone through like 8 phones and at least 3 providers. i've had Virgin Mobile, Cingular, and i'm currently using T-Mobile. i haven't had any problems with it. i don't really call anyone much though :D but T-Mobile has [adult swim] wallpapers :D

17. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

18. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

US: T-Mobile
    UK: T-Mobile
    FR: SFR
    CH: Swisscom

19. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

US: Cingular. I'm happy with the service on the family plan i have :)

20. brepublican macrumors 6502a

brepublican

I use Verizon and I want to kill a representative about once a month. They suck big time. I'm switching to Cingular at the end of my contract, sooner if VZW continues being morons...

In the UK I used Orange. But I toyed the idea of switching to 3...

21. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

us: verizon.

i always have service wherever i am, even in the metro under washington, dc. the phones aren't fantastic, but i'd rather have good service than the latest and greatest phone.

22. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Verizon hasn't been the best for me. I have one bar at my house, and I think this is pretty unacceptable for south Denver. Sprint has great coverage here, but I travel so much with my family that I need an international phone. I got the Samsung A790 on Sprint, but it took them weeks to send me the SIM card, and once I started using it abroad, it didn't even work in Rome and it's $1.50 for Tier 1! As for Cingular, they are ok, but not a single 3G tower in the front range. I borrowed my aunt's T-Mobile phone when I went to Singapore and it worked fine here, too. I have to break my Verizon contract, but I don't mind paying. Everything on it seems to be crippled or too expensive to use.

23. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

UK Vodafone. They've got some funny and, sometimes, rather exuberant pricing, but in terms of network coverage, stability and international roaming they're pretty hard to beat. I have both a 3G Nokia N80 handset with them and a 3G Broadband datacard that gets up to 1.8mbps over 3G HSDPA.

Anyone interested in 3G in the UK might want to pop along to my Talk3G Forum.

24. iShane macrumors 6502a

Verizon. They're great. Awesome phone support, great coverage, nice phones. I like them a lot.