what's your definition of a hardass?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jelloshotsrule, Feb 27, 2003.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what's your definition of a hardass?

personally, i see someone like mc68k... the guy's a college computer science student. and yet he has the balls to piss off his teachers.

this guy is somewhat of a hero to me. and it's only a matter of time before he pisses off another teacher.

i aspire to be like him, not only in his hardassness, but also his nerdiness.

that said, what qualities to you consider to be "hard"? is it going up to someone and beating them? is it pissing off teachers? is it smoking a cig and when someone asks you to put it out, you put it out... on their face?

what's the toughest thing you've ever done? what's the toughest thing you've ever seen someone do?

one time i wrote a poem about some friend of a girl i had the hots for. it was totally trashing him. he found out and called me out at a basketball game. so i brought my teacher out with me to protect me from him. as he talked to me, all up in my face, i pissed myself. hence the beginning of the political party of the future

share your experiences.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

uh... okay, this is going to sound weird. i slapped a guy threatening to commit suicide hard enough to dislocate his jaw.

it was an accident, i swear!

'course, then he left me for being 'abusive'.

:rolleyes:

pnw

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I've heard of a man's ***** being hard... but an ass? Is this some
    play off of the whole 'buns of steel' thing?

jk ;)

My first definition:
    My Definition of a hardass

more may come...;)

4. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

diorio? are you kidding me? that's the biggest pansy move ever.... "i hate you" and then run away

no way.

please don't compare him to my hero mc68k

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I didn't really think of it as running away, I guess that's why I
    thought he was being a hardass. I just thought he was leaving
    and making a very hardass exit.

6. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

My Definition would be Red from "That Seventies Show"

I also had some teachers I would consider hard asses. Basically someone who is stubborn to the nth degree. Who is in-flexible.

Sorta like Drill sergeants in the army....

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I wouldn't go so far to say a person who doesn't care...I mean...I just don't give a sh*t half the time anymore but I'm one of the easiest people to get along with...

I'd say it's the type who puts up a fight on things...maybe has a stubborn temperment...has a mouth that gets under people's skin...

I think it's an attitude...and u can tell the fakes from the real mccoy ;)

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Pink is a hardass too. Now some people are gunna say she does
    her whole 'I don't give a ****' thing, but isn't actually a hardass,
    but after watching and reading a lot of stuff about Alicia Moore,
    I am convinced that she is a hardass.

9. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

diorio threw a sucker punch and ran. simple as that. it's not hardass to throw out stupid insults and then run off

speaking of drill sargeant types.... check out terry tate (aka mighty rasta) is on malcolm in the middle this weekend as a drill sargeant. and he is DEFINITELY a hard ass... probably my second in command.

10. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

i take the stairs every day. i work on the forth floor of my building and i park on the 5th floor of a parking structure at school. so needless to say i get a lot of stair climbing in every day. not to mention all the walking around campus.

what pisses me off is when i take the elevator and i see all these old or fat people letting the elevator pull their fat ass up the floors. they can't even carry their own backpack, they have those stupid rolling luggage racks. they'll take it one floor, or just 2 floors and waste my time at the university. like they go out of their way to be fat, lazy, and old.

so whenever i get in the elevator i make it a point to waste their time, and motivate them to walk up the stairs! ...by pushing all of the elevator buttons. my favorite is when i have a elevator button pushing war where the people run to the elevator (mind you they don't run anywhere else) in hopes that ill let them in. then when i get up to the top floor i hit all the buttons so that they have to wait 5 minutes, just like i have countless times.

you'd think they could be helping their fat selves every day by showing a little motivation, but i'm only one person. maybe they'll get trapped in an elevator one day...

11. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

wow. wow

thank you for illustrating my point for me (ie, that you're a freaking hardass!)

fat, skinny, young or old... they fear you. nay, WE fear you.

i salute you (if only for fear that you will punish me if i don't)

12. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

some new things have come to my attention

my hero has done the best thing possible... combined his top two attributes into one awesome act.... when he was a bit younger...

he stole graphing calculators!

ok. stealing. tough. awesome

calculators? nerdy. awesome

talk about setting the standard for tough nerds to come.. absolutely fricking brilliant. and getting into fights. almost getting kicked out of school?

astounding work. and i applaud him

let the bar be set. who can really top that? i dare you to try.

13. vniow macrumors G4

I laugh at your futile attempt to copy the what's your definition of a geek? thread, bwahahahahaha!

Back on topic.....

I knew this kid in school that got made fun of constantly (even by me) and he never backed down, couldn't stand that guy in school, now I sorta respect him.

14. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

Red Foreman, dumbass.

15. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

My dad. He is the definition fo the word. Unreal how tough that man is, and how much of a hardass he can be.

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

[​IMG] Mmmmm...

Buns of Steel on a hottie. ;)

17. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

is this the same "red" from that seventies show that someone else mentioned? i hate that show

backdawg? any examples? has he ever purposely made fat people take elevators???? or stolen graphing calculators? i want to see how he stacks up! ;)

sun baked- so who has these buns of steel that you're drooling over?

18. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: Re: Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

Lets see. Think of it this was. 4 years in Nam, 6 with the CIA, 20 years as a cop. He is Titus's dad, and Red Foreman rapped into one.

Here, this is a good example. When I was 7 I played little league baseball. I was afraid of the ball and would cower from it. So, he tied me to the side of our barn, and gave me a cup, and a catchers mask. He proceed to beam me with baseballs for about 30 minutes. Then told me, it may hurt, but it won't kill you. You know what? Was never affraid of the ball again!

19. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Re: Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

yes! that's what i like to hear. inflicting pain is TOUGH. he's lacking the nerdiness of my hero though. ;)

you should start beating your customers if they start walking out without buying. that would make so many proud.

ps. if you had a son scared of a baseball, would you do the same?

20. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

Wow, I don't know. He was trying to teach me to be tough. He did not inflict any major harm, and he helped me toughen up. So, probably.

He is just mean. When he was a cop, he would tell people that were going to fight him three things would happen 1) They would loose the fight. 2) They would go to jail, and 3) they would go via the local hospital. I watched him split a guys skull open with a Mag Lite flashlight onetime.

21. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

yes! mean=tough. police brutality= tough!

this is what i'm looking for

how old were you when you saw this? did you have nightmares?

22. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

I was like 15. I was like, damn, dad is a hardass. Actually, though 3 years later, I had a mometary loss of intelligence, and though i could take the old man in an arguement. I put up the dukes, and dared him to hit me. He did. Next thing I knew I was waking up. He hit me so hard it lifted me off the ground, and over the dog house. Remember too, I am 6'4 at that time, and 220.

Yea, he proved his point. To this day, would not argue with that man.

23. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

how tall is he?

reminds me of the garth brooks song "the night i called the old man out"

24. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what's your definition of a hardass?

6 foot, 180. He is 64 now, and could still kick my ass. He is unreal really. Mean. A guy hit him once, and all my dad did was spit blood in the guys face, and then beat his ass. :)

25. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Sorry to jump in on your fun, definition of a hard ass is someone who does as he says and says as he does. No playing around sort of like George Bush! Wheres my hat and 6 shooter!