Whats your fav Mac Mag?

Discussion in 'Community' started by whw5, Sep 27, 2004.

1. whw5 macrumors regular

I would have to say my favorite magazine hands down is Mac Addict. It screams "I love mac, and I dont care what you think!!!!" Its informative and witty to me that's great. I love the geek quiz that comes around every year.

I tried macworld for a while but it seems dry to me. The former writer I really liked was Andy something. I thought that what he wrote was stupid so every month I checked back to see what he was currently raving about. Of course he hasn't written for macWorld in a while so I no longer read the mag.

I also subscribe to macHome but it lacks enough substance for me. It seems like it is for the really basic mac user. What I think is really lacks is somthing like macAddict has, along the lines of a help section with cool stuff to try on your mac. The articles arn't that great either

So what do you subscribe to or pick up every once in a while?

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I subscribe to MacAddict, but when my year is over, I dont think I'll be reneweing. Over the last year or so, their magazine has gone downhill quite a bit. I find most a lot of their newer issues to be repetitive. Macworld is OK, but I rarely read it thoroughly. I guess mac magazines bore me. :eek:

3. starcrossed macrumors regular

I subscribe to both MacAddict and MacWorld, but most of the time I just end up glancing at them quickly, and putting them up on the shelf. It seems with all these websites providing Mac news, hints & tips, reviews, and software information that I check daily-weekly, by the time I get the magazine, there isn't much that I didn't already know in the magazine. MacAddict is nice because of the enclosed CD featuring the latest apps and such, but with MacUpdate I already get software updates daily, and not weeks later. So overall on being a good general Mac Magazine, MacAddict is probably the best, but still not the greatest if you know what I mean.

4. whw5 thread starter macrumors regular

I completely know what you mean. I was saying it in comparision to the other mac mags.

5. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You are thinking of Andy Ihnatko.

I don't think I'll ever stop getting Macworld Magazine. I keep buying Macs and Apple keeps giving me free one-year extensions to my subscription! :eek:

Previous threads on this topic: July 2003, March 2004

7. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I get MacWorld and MacAddict but it just seems like I am reading about the new iPod, Airport Express, etc. like way after I know all about it. I know, they can't send you out a new issue the day something like that comes out but it's just weird, that's all.

What the Mac magazine that looks official? Mac Directory? Is it endorsed or made by Apple?

8. whw5 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, that guy!!! He was a crazy and self-obssessed writer. I got my share of laughs out of him. That being said, he did write well enough to make me want to read more.

9. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

I subscribe to MacAddict... good bathroom reading :D

10. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I like Mac Addict, it has good information and is always fun to look at. I'm going to sign up and recieve it for a year or 2.