whats your favorite ad?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by count chocula, Jul 12, 2006.

1. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

tv, print, radio, ect. are all acceptable

i really like the adidas josé+10 ads, they showed them alot during the world cup.

2. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

One of my favorite right now is the Miller Lite "Men of the Square Table." The TV ones are pretty fun but I also like their radio ones because it sounds like a news update.

Least Favorite is the Mike's Hard Lemonade's new radio campaign. What is it with people thinking that prank calling would make a good commercial?! and the song is annoying as hell!

3. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I actually like the Dr. Z Chrysler commercials. Maybe its the silly German accent or the humor in the adverts. Very entertaining.

The Dunkin' Donuts series of current commercials with distinctly different jingles are...addictive. The songs get stuck in my head too easily...

4. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

I haven't been watching enough commercial TV lately to have a favorite. I work in the advertising industry, so I actually watch and analyze ads that stick out from the rest.

Apple's "Out Of The Box" ad might just be my current favorite.

I think my all-time favorite is the Aaron Burr commercial from the Got Milk? campaign. So smart and so funny on so many levels. Apple's 1984 was of course mind-blowing, too -- and who would ever expect a mind-blowing commercial?

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Right now, I'm really diggin' the commercials where they take old footage and make it new. Like Gatorade's MJ vs. MJ ad, adidas' Muhammad vs. Laila, or Gatorade's (again) Fraction Off.

(I have no idea what the official names of the ads are.)

6. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

I loved that commercial. My family still mumbles Aaron Burr whenever we are asked a question with a mouth of food, and the commercial came out like 10 years ago.

7. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Wes Anderson's American Express commercial, as well as Adidas "+10" commercials...

8. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I couldn't find my all-time favorite ad online anyplace. It was a Porsche ad which gave some history about the company, and imagined what life would be like if everything was practical and we had no dreamers. I'd love to find it in high res.

Instead, I found another Porsche ad which really reminded me of my youth. My dad had a lowly Porsche 914 when I was a kid, and I adored it. As a car nut, this one is really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRbzJ0L1Zn8&search=Porsche

edit

I FOUND IT! Here, I've uploaded it to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4exPauh5X_w

9. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

10. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The Guinness black & white surfer's/horses in the surf, with bits of Moby Dick and Leftfield's "Phat Planet" playing in the background, advert!

The greatest advert ever without any doubt :cool: