Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockinrocker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
I'm seeing the DM1, Funkbox and Easybeats.
Am I missing any?

I'm kind of leaning towards the DM1, but it's not universal, which isn't a deal breaker, but is a detriment. (I could see myself using it on my phone too)

The Easybeats interface looks a little weird, but unless I can use it it's tough to tell whether I'd like it or not....

I'm coming from Cubase, Logic, Ableton, Reason, so the more fully featured, 'pro' like it is the better.

Thanks

genshi

macrumors 6502a
There are a few more drum machine apps (electribes, etc.) but in my opinion, the DM1 is just really, really great!

Simple to use, but incredibly powerful with both pads and a step sequencer, duel x/y pad effects processors and 64 drum kits ranging from all of the vintage drum machines (from the Roland CR78 and 909 to the Linn Drum) a variety of acoustics kits as well as more experimental and esoteric kits made just for this app.

I use this to record directly into Ableton live as my main drum machine now. And I come from the days of owning many of these classic drum machines when they first came out in the 1970s!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.