What's your favorite fiction audio book?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bibulous, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2005
    Looking for a good audio book to pass the time.
  2. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    The Harry Potter series, the No 1. Ladies Detective Agency and the Stephanie Plum series audiobooks are good mindless entertaining books. Has a lot to do with the quality of the narration...

3. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    Any Chuck Palahniuk one.
    Or Hey Nostradamus! - Douglas Coupland
  4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    I loved "The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror" by Christopher Moore. It's got everything. Especially good on a long drive or flight during the holidays.
  5. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    The firm by John Grisham His books are awesome but this takes the biscuit.
  6. freebooter macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2005
    Daegu, South Korea
    I don't usually have a single favorite anything, but this one's an easy answer for me: Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series of naval adventures set in the Napoleonic age of sail.
    You may already be familiar with the series as two of the books were combined in one movie, "Master and Commander, the Far Side of the World". The first book is Master and Commander--excellent. The audio books are read by Patrick Tull, who in many people's opinion is the one of the best audio book readers. He is my favorite. It is literature of the best sort, richly developed characters, broad scope, exciting, penetrating examinations of human relations.... I've listened to the series twice through now and they will always be deeply associated with my present life in a foreign land.
  7. davidjohnson macrumors newbie

Oct 22, 2006
    Audio books

Hi to everyone,
    in my childhood,i listened Audio books daily in morning walk,one of my favourite audio book available here.t's has very interesting stories,it combined fun,culture and music.a plenty of tiltes available here.it has different stories for diffrent age groups.