What's your favorite PB sleeve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by goodknight411, Jul 7, 2004.

1. goodknight411 macrumors member

What sleeve do you use for the 15" PB? I'm thinking a sleeve would be more versital than a backpack.
    Thanks.

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Thread #50 for fav PB sleeve and counting...

The one by Radtech is by far the sleekest. But that's just me. I hate plastic wrappers.

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

ive got the incase sleeve from apples website.... i thought it was going to be just ok...for the price it is great.....tops

4. HardHatMac9 macrumors regular

Marware

The Sharkskin sleeve made by Marware (no handles) is a great, high quality product. I highly reccomend it.

5. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

timbuk2.com makes some kicking bags. . . extremely durrable and extremely simple if you only need a laptop sleeve to fit into something else. i use one with my timbuk2 messenger bag and it works great! i can even stick the sleve in something else, like a backpack or suitcase when i travel. it will probably last longer than your laptop! mine has already outlasted my iBook and is working on protecting my PB right now.

6. knicksfan58 macrumors member

i second that recommendation of the marware case. :)

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

8. hello world macrumors newbie

hello world

Waterfield's SleeveCase has served my 15" well.

Waterfield

Only thing I wish is that it had a flap that would close over the opening to protect from dust or moisture (my pb goes everywhere).

9. tembusu macrumors newbie

10. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I have the radtech. I like it. But only offers prtection from scratches n such. not padding.

11. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I have a Waterfield for my 15" as well. For a little extra, you can order a flap that closes over the opening.

12. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

13. Maxicek macrumors regular

Anyone know what the Tucano Second Skin sleeves are like?
    I was thinking of ordering one for my PB.

14. Gee macrumors 65816

I have one, and I think it's pretty good. Nice amount of cushioning, fits really well, well made, and looks good. I use it so I can throw my 12"pb into any old bag and not worry. I'd say go for it and buy one. The only caveat is that it's the only sleeve I've owned, so I'm not comparing with others

15. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

i second the tucanno second skin, got one for my powerbook and really dont worry about scratching it now, i wouldnt chuck it around in it though. i wouldnt throw my powerbook anywhere though!

16. Zaty macrumors 65816

I second Tucano

17. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

I have a Tucano. Very well made. I think that they are water-proof.

18. jsulens macrumors member

does anyone know where i can find a case that would fit a 12'' powerbook that has the straps at each corner and zips up so i can keep the laptop in the case while i am typing? they usually are not real hard cases and i think someone said theirs was made out of a wetsuit type material. i dont really care what mine is made out of but if anyone can help me out i would be very happy.

19. johng723 macrumors member

I have the Tom Bihn brain cell. I think it works great as just a sleeve and offers a lot of protection! I would totally recommend it. www.tombihn.com

20. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I recommend Incase laptop sleeves. Very high quality. I can't link you because their site is down, but Apple carries their products.

21. Polardude macrumors newbie

Where can I buy a Tucano Second Skin? I'm from the U.S. and I am not interested in having something shipped overseas to get a product... :rolleyes:

I just got a 15" and loving every minute of it!!!

P.S. I DID check google...

22. TheSkipper macrumors newbie

If you want to get a Tucano skin shipped domesticaly, check out outpost.com. Search for tucano and they have multiple kinds to pick from. I plan on getting one for my 12" PB that I just ordered. Hope this helps.

23. Celeron macrumors 6502a

I have a Booq PowerSleeve12 for my 12'' PB. They also make 15'' and 17'' versions. They are top notch quality and don't charge extra for a flap (that's crazy if you ask me). Check them out here:

http://www.booqbags.com/

24. furrina macrumors regular

Those are nice. But expensive.