Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HardHatMac9

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2004
Marware

The Sharkskin sleeve made by Marware (no handles) is a great, high quality product. I highly reccomend it.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
timbuk2.com makes some kicking bags. . . extremely durrable and extremely simple if you only need a laptop sleeve to fit into something else. i use one with my timbuk2 messenger bag and it works great! i can even stick the sleve in something else, like a backpack or suitcase when i travel. it will probably last longer than your laptop! mine has already outlasted my iBook and is working on protecting my PB right now.

hello world

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2004
Waterfield's SleeveCase has served my 15" well.

Waterfield

Only thing I wish is that it had a flap that would close over the opening to protect from dust or moisture (my pb goes everywhere).

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
hello world said:
Waterfield's SleeveCase has served my 15" well.

Waterfield

Only thing I wish is that it had a flap that would close over the opening to protect from dust or moisture (my pb goes everywhere).

I have a Waterfield for my 15" as well. For a little extra, you can order a flap that closes over the opening.

Maxicek

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2004
Anyone know what the Tucano Second Skin sleeves are like?
I was thinking of ordering one for my PB.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Maxicek said:
Anyone know what the Tucano Second Skin sleeves are like?
I was thinking of ordering one for my PB.

I have one, and I think it's pretty good. Nice amount of cushioning, fits really well, well made, and looks good. I use it so I can throw my 12"pb into any old bag and not worry. I'd say go for it and buy one. The only caveat is that it's the only sleeve I've owned, so I'm not comparing with others

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
i second the tucanno second skin, got one for my powerbook and really dont worry about scratching it now, i wouldnt chuck it around in it though. i wouldnt throw my powerbook anywhere though!

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
Gee said:
I have one, and I think it's pretty good. Nice amount of cushioning, fits really well, well made, and looks good. I use it so I can throw my 12"pb into any old bag and not worry. I'd say go for it and buy one. The only caveat is that it's the only sleeve I've owned, so I'm not comparing with others

I second Tucano

jsulens

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2004
does anyone know where i can find a case that would fit a 12'' powerbook that has the straps at each corner and zips up so i can keep the laptop in the case while i am typing? they usually are not real hard cases and i think someone said theirs was made out of a wetsuit type material. i dont really care what mine is made out of but if anyone can help me out i would be very happy.

Polardude

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2004
Where can I buy a Tucano Second Skin? I'm from the U.S. and I am not interested in having something shipped overseas to get a product... :rolleyes:

I just got a 15" and loving every minute of it!!!

P.S. I DID check google...

TheSkipper

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2004
If you want to get a Tucano skin shipped domesticaly, check out outpost.com. Search for tucano and they have multiple kinds to pick from. I plan on getting one for my 12" PB that I just ordered. Hope this helps.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
I have a Booq PowerSleeve12 for my 12'' PB. They also make 15'' and 17'' versions. They are top notch quality and don't charge extra for a flap (that's crazy if you ask me). Check them out here:

http://www.booqbags.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.