What's your favourite iPod?

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by mvkVirtual, Dec 4, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Post pics of your favourite iPod of all time ANY IPOD (NANO, SHUFFLE ETC) this is not limited to the regular ipod line!- don't forget your favourite colour too! :apple:
    NOTE: This is different to the 'Post your ipod rig!' thread, this is about your FAVOURITE iPod and not necessarily the one you own! :D

Mine is the iPod 5g (Video) - My friend has one and it makes my Nano 4g look tiny and uncool :p
    [​IMG]

So what is yours? I will keep track of how many votes there are and post the top 3 every now and then :cool:

2. macrumors 6502a

My favorite iPod is the 3rd gen. iPod. It was my first mp3 player and it still works like a charm though I hardly use it much now.

I received it as a Christmas gift from my mom. We went to the Apple store on Christmas Eve night to pick it up and I stayed up the entire night playing with it. One of the best gifts I ever received. :)

*** Picture is not mine.

Attached Files:

3. thread starter macrumors regular

@yoppie Sweet. That was definitely epic when it came out, the first ipod with touch :p

4. macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

The indestructable first-generation iPod nano:

[​IMG]

I bought it the second I read this article and its been taking beatings like a champ ever since.

5. macrumors 68020

Xavier

First Fav:
    [​IMG]

Second Fav:
    [​IMG]

6. macrumors member

Not quite indestructible in my case. Even though i didn't see it wedged under my stool, the moment I sat down and heard "Crack!" i knew exactly what i'd broken.:( I do love the 3rd Gen iPod though:cool:

7. thread starter macrumors regular

3rd gen seems pretty popular! Shame they didn't revise it with a colour screen :(

8. macrumors 6502

Definitely the 5th generation iPod with video. Specifically in white and the slim 30gb model. I have the 5.5 gen, and have had it since it was released. I use it everyday because it's integrated in my car's stereo and it's still in mint condition. I don't plan to upgrade until it dies or I need more storage.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the slim version was much better, and white was my colour of choice. I miss the plastic face! :(

10. macrumors 6502

5th Generation Nano. I love the little video camera and especially the radio which I use all the time.

11. macrumors 603

SkyBell

<3
    [​IMG]

12. macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    The first gen.

13. macrumors 6502

2nd Gen RED iPod Nano <3

[​IMG]

(typing this on my iMac G3 as opposed to my Mac Mini, OS9 Forever!)

14. macrumors regular

[​IMG]

This might be my favorite Ipod ever. Sure, it can't even hold a third of my music library today, but back when I had it, the 8GB it had was enough for a lot of variety at a time. Plus, it was the first Nano to feature games and video. And you can't forget about the adorable size :p

Still, I may personally love my 80GB Classic (my current Ipod) more, but I feel like I'm cheating if I bring up something so big.

15. macrumors 6502

80gb iPod classic.

16. celticpride678

iPod touch 2nd Gen 8GB!

17. macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

3rd Gen hands down; it had glowing red buttons! So badass!

18. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the posts guys, looks like the scores are as follows at the moment!

1st place - iPod 3rd Generation
    2nd place - iPod 5th Generation
    3rd place - iPod Touch 1st Generation

Keep on postin' :D

19. macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'd also have to say the 5th Generation iPod Video, I loved that thing. It was a very sad day when I sold it.

[​IMG]

20. macrumors 6502a

Topher15

1. iPod touch 2G
    [​IMG]

2. iPod nano 2G (black)
    [​IMG]

21. macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Wow how has no one said the 1st gen yet? Watching the video introducing this ipod when I was in 7th or 8th grade was what made me want to get one in the first place.

[​IMG]

edit: although my first iPod was a 2nd gen. It the scroll wheel was touch! But it still had actual buttons around the edge :)

22. macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Touch 2g. Best one for my needs

23. macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

[​IMG]

24. macrumors 6502

3rd Gen.

Runners up include the nano that was just updated (pre-camera) and the 5th gen video. My touch has been a bit of a letdown, maybe due to lack of storage. Kind of wish I'd gone a different direction with the free ipod rebate credit...

25. macrumors newbie

I have to say it is the iPod Classic 5th Generation Video, I absolutely love everything about it, external design, as well as internal interface, I think it is a million times better and nicer looking than the new iPod display (with CoverFlow and Reflections)

Too bad it has been discontinuated, I have had mine for more than 3 years now and I wish to buy a new one!

Cheers,
    M