What's your Favourite Mozilla Theme?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bobky, Aug 7, 2002.

1. bobky macrumors member

I been using classic for a while and it's getting boring, what's your favourite?

2. dwishbone macrumors regular

Navzilla (makes it look like Chimera) and Pinball (since it is very small and looks nice)

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

You got that right, wishbone (I assume you're not that rich dog I see on TV shows for children :p). Pinball is an excellent theme. I use it for OS 9 on my iMac and OS X on the Cube in NJ.

4. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Maybe you guys can help...which one is better? Chimera or Mozilla? I don't really want to use IE...but is the security on IE better than the other 2?

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I've stuck with GrayModern the gray version of Mozilla's Modern, only because it wasn't a visual assault.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I like Navzilla in conjunction with the Duality OSX theme 'Brushed Aqua 1.6' it all looks great!

In answer to ShaolinMiddleFinger's question I'd say Mozilla, I haven't really used chimera much to compare but Mozilla really is very good.
    I am using ver 1.1a and it is great, very stable and renders web pages in an instant, plus it has a built in feature to stop those nasty popups!

7. dwishbone macrumors regular

Well, I would say Mozilla is the best right now. Chimera is really impressive in its early stages, but it is missing many key features from Mozilla and it is still kind of crash happy.

Mozilla the best browser anywhere in my opinion. The only thing that set Chimera ahead of Mozilla in anyway is it was the first to use text smoothing. now mozilla has that too. chimera also has a much cleaner preference interface, all be it a very lacking one.
    mozilla's will always be ugly since it is basically the building blocks for the next version of Netscape. i realy wish though that the preferences in Mozilla were better. if they were i think everyone would switch to it.

8. bobky thread starter macrumors member

I have tried Chimera ,but it's still too early of a development for me, but seems to run flash faster than Mozilla, What I would like is the option like the OS9 install of Mozilla to custom install (I only want the browser in 0SX) then maybe it would load up a bit faster...

I tried IE the other day and I quit it after 20 sec, I cant believe I used that for so long, it's utter cr*p! IE cannot display web pages correctly and roll overs disappear?!!!??

(edited typos) :)