Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Diatribe said:
Here goes the virtual ego boosting again.... :rolleyes:

Someone should start a thread with pics of their gfs and their salary. :p

hey, not why i posted, i just got 121 in this test (but i was watching the Champions League soccer game at the same time - that's my weak excuse...)

i think it's interesting to see how other people fare in various things.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
2nyRiggz said:
I'm very dumb....oh well so much for 5 years at uni..

Bless

Interesting you say that, your posts aren't 'dumb' and you consistantly give good advice, its a strange world when people consider theirselves dumb when they function at a very high level. Just because a test says you understand its concepts or not, does not measure true intelligence in my opinion. Critical thinking, relational skills, memory, and other things, not every facet of the mind can be measured and so I just caution you to think you're dumb (even if you're joking which I suspect) but any one here, seriously, these tests prove that you can take these tests, little else.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The first time I did it, I got a score of 141. Then I did it twice more, clicking on random choices and got a 96 and a 97...the "average" range is 85-100, so according to their scale, the average person is clicking at random and below average people are actively choosing wrong answers.

Methinks the scores are a bit skewed in order to make a lot of people eligible for membership into their society.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Peyton said:
Interesting you say that, your posts aren't 'dumb' and you consistantly give good advice, its a strange world when people consider theirselves dumb when they function at a very high level. Just because a test says you understand its concepts or not, does not measure true intelligence in my opinion. Critical thinking, relational skills, memory, and other things, not every facet of the mind can be measured and so I just caution you to think you're dumb (even if you're joking which I suspect) but any one here, seriously, these tests prove that you can take these tests, little else.

That brings tears to my eyes...Man up 2ny!! thanks Peyton i just couldn't be bothered with the test my mind wondered away.

Bless

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT

The problem with any test is the way people are trained to study. It is a cram session of learn all the facts to ace the test not based on what do you really know. All a test does is help a school get more founding by proving that the kids are smart, It is not a natural way to learn and I want to know how taking a standardized test that you cram for 3 weeks out of a school year really help the education process. Any one can ace an IQ test if you study enough or guess the right answers, A true IQ test should be to teach everyone the same stuff then at the end of the year ask them all the same questions and see who scores the best. To ask someone a question that they might not have learned is not an accurate meter of a persons brain function.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
I will admit this test was BS. Its all to get you to join the "International High iQ Society". Aparently the only criteria is that you score a 124 or higher, oh yea, and a one time lifetime fee of $79:eek: . The test is BOGUS! (But fun).

Of course cheating, it appears, is very easy seeing you can take the test as many times as you wish and have 90 seconds each to look up the answers on the internet.

I guess they believe they can hook you in by bestowing this "High iQ" compliment on you and suckering you to believe you are now part of the elite brainiacks known as the "International High iQ Society" and have earned the privilage to join their club.:confused:

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
I did the test choosing completely random answers and got 104 which puts me in the "Average" group.:rolleyes:

thats 2 average points better then you obeygiant! HA!

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
evoluzione said:
hey, not why i posted, i just got 121 in this test (but i was watching the Champions League soccer game at the same time - that's my weak excuse...)

i think it's interesting to see how other people fare in various things.

Then go do sports and compete on a real lvl. This i consider ego boosting. There will always be people with less or more than you (intelligence, money, power, looks, etc.)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Well, I took it and got 120 – and saw the message...

A score of 124 or higher is required to qualify for membership in the Society. We encourage you to try again!

So (and I might not be understanding this correctly as I'm not bright enough to qualify for The Society :p ) you can take the test as many times as you like until you qualify? So, if I take the test again now and score 140 I'm not only eligible to join this elite club of brainboxes, but I'm also significantly more intelligent than I was 15 minutes ago?

Super-intelligent? Me? Nah, I went to art college... :D

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
Oh, thanks, the first one has a test for people under 17. :)

EDIT: Unforunately, can't take now... have to go out to this dinner thing w/ the 'rents....

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
amateurmacfreak said:
Oh, thanks, the first one has a test for people under 17. :)

EDIT: Unforunately, can't take now... have to go out to this dinner thing w/ the 'rents....
Consider yourself lucky. Im just about to leave to go to my sons preschool art show. Art by 3 and 4 year olds. Im going to try and be critical about it and see if I can recognise my own childs scribbling with out looking at names....

Ive been studying his color choice and technique for a few days now in preparation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.