What's your IQ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by The Grood, Jul 14, 2006.

1. The Grood macrumors regular

My old man said I was 'stupid' to buy a Mac (rather than a PC.)

I have an IQ of 156.

What's your IQ?

I'd like to take an average, just to prove him wrong.

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    High enough to know that its only a measure of how well you take an IQ test. :)

3. The Grood thread starter macrumors regular

4. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Before I take it ....

... what exactly have the 100,000 worldwide members of Mensa actually brought to the world as an organisation?

5. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

That is nothing close to an actual IQ test, and its results should not be taken seriously.

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

That's a fair and revealing question. One might add a second. "What have parents who display 'My Child Is An Honor Student' on their car bumpers actually brought to the world as a community?

7. The Grood thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry. I'm not an expert! It's the first one I could find... please recommend a more authentic test. :)

8. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

1469 or "who cares?"

Seriously if you have to jack off to your IQ go join MENSA or something.

9. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

You'd have to go to an actual phsycologist and take either a Stanford-Binet (more popular) or a Wechsler test, which would run you a couple hundred dollars.

It is much more thorough and longer. No accurate result will come from a 10 minute test which focuses more on spacial recognition than anything else.

10. The Grood thread starter macrumors regular

11. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Nothing, it is just an organization with the sole purpose that their members have someone to talk to since either a) they are so intelligent that they don't talk to regular people or b) they are so intelligent that regular people won't talk to them.
    Basically it's a partner search club for the mentally overly capacitated and socially incapacitated. ;)

12. Timepass macrumors 65816

Thinking using IQ proves that you are smart.....now that just stupid. I sorry but having a high IQ does not stop you from being stupid.

as for my IQ something over 140. Due to my disablitities (ADHD, and Dysilixia)I can not be tested accuritily. Only thing the test shows is that my IQ is some where above there. If I took the test today I would not be surpised to see my number pushing 160 if not breaking it. That IQ test was from like 1st of 2nd grade and the number is known for people with my disalilities that the number will go up as the person gets older due to learning how to cope with them and adabted.

That being said IQ really doesnt show anything on how smart some is. I have met people with extermily high IQ who where complete idoits. Seen people who have a more average IQ and be very integent.

High IQ general means the person can abosob infomation quicker and process it faster. And somethings that should be hard just come easily to them.

But as for being stupid or not. IQ does not have any relationship to that whats so ever.

13. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Far less than the parents who display the "My Child Beat Up Your Honor Student" stickers.

I took that test and got bored by the 10th question or so. So I randomly did the rest of them. My IQ is 84 durrrrrrr

14. The Grood thread starter macrumors regular

15. 7on macrumors 601

7on

IQ just measures how smart you could be, that is, if it weren't for the stupid.

16. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Find a virus somewhere on the internet.

Put your mac and his PC side by side.

Download and launch the file.

Sit back and enjoy.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

18. RacerX macrumors 65832

This is so true.

I paid my membership fees back in 1990, went to one event and haven't had anything to do with them since.

:rolleyes: Basically, it was a rather expensive way to satisfy my curiosity... and explained why the most intelligent people I knew weren't members. :eek:

19. Timepass macrumors 65816

First of in you post you need to make sure you quute tags are closed.

2nd off I go back to my orginal point. Thinking IQ means anything about intelligence is stupid. It worthless for proving intelligent and stupid desisision. Trying to prove a point as such is stupid and really rather worthless. It so meanningless it proves noghting at all.

20. calculus Guest

calculus

There are so many reasons that I love this post that I just cannot articulate them all.

21. therevolution macrumors 6502

Stop worrying about trying to prove him wrong. What you're doing is like asking for data to prove that Ford owners are smarter than Chevy owners - everyone has their biases, and you're not going to convince anyone because you polled a few people for IQ scores (or any other metric).

Does he ever ask for help with his computer? If so, next time he has a problem, just tell him you're too stupid to help. That's enough ammunition.

22. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I tried to take an IQ test one time, but I stopped when I realised it was the most boring thing I had ever done...

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

ah I was hoping you would say it was the stupidest thing you'd done...

:p