What's your opinion of the iPhoto books?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amac4me, May 5, 2005.

1. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Hi,

I considering purchasing my first iPhoto book from iPhoto 5.

A few questions:

1. What are your overall opinions, are you satisfied
    2. Is there an Apple logo on the book, if so where?
    3. How is the quality of the paper and binding?

Thanks!

2. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

1. I was very satisfied! Nice look and feel, and definitely something that does not feel "cheap."

2. I don't think there was an Apple logo on mine.

3. The binding is of quality, and the pages are of good stck, and have a nice glossy look.

I ordered a 45 page book two years ago. It set me back a tad, but I am very satisfied!

Now, if onlt they took inDesign files!

The templates are nice, though.

3. iGary Guest

iGary

I originally had font problems with my first book, which they have supposedly solved with the recent update.

But...

The quality is awesome. I got a hardcover to use as my photography portfolio.

There is an Apple logo on the third cover that says "Made on a Mac."

Like I said, quality was beautiful. I'll be ordering more to put into the stores that carry my pictures.

And EASY. Drag and drop.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think it should be okay. I might order one for my mum's b-day. :)

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i got a soft cover large sized one of about 25 pages

it looks good. the templates are nice (i used travel/vacation one - forget what it's called exactly). they are a bit inflexible in some ways, but they don't require that much tweaking so it works out

very pleased with mine and i'll be ordering more eventually i'm sure

6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I got my first iPhoto book on Wednesday. It's a medium softcover with 20 pages. It looks nice, but I'm not terribly impressed with the quality of the printing. I used high resolution (5 MP) pictures, which I've printed on my photo printer with great results, and they came out looking a little grainy in the iPhoto book. Aside from that, it looks great, and for $10 it was worth the money. It does have an Apple logo on the back of the book, along with "Made on a Mac." Both are pretty small, and don't look tacky or anything. I'm interested to see what the large hardcover book is like, and may order one after my next vacation when I've got a bunch of new pictures for it.

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I would think that exporting in to an EPS file and converting that file to JPEG would be enough.

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Myself and my girlfriend will be getting iPhoto books made for our wedding, and I have no doubts whatsoever that the quality and presentation will be outstanding. They'll make excellent gifts as well. :cool:

9. amac4me thread starter macrumors 65816

amac4me

Yeah, that's my plan as well. I got married last month and wanted to print a few copies and give as gifts to family and close friends.

Based on the feedback, I'll go ahead and order some.

Thanks!!!

10. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm sure you won't be disappointed - I'm looking forward to getting some of my own as well.

11. noel4r macrumors 6502a

How long does it take to received your order? This would've made an excellent Mother's Day gift but, as usual, I waited till the last minute so I'll save this for next time.

12. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I had a 30 page hardcover book made for a vacation I took. my girlfriend loved it. it came out really nice, I was definitely happy with it. definitely a cool thing when one of your 'coffee table books' is of your own memories.

I have heard stories about people having problems with them and to save it as a pdf before submitting your order. I did that, reviewed it and it looked as I thought it should. then made the order, and when I got it it looked exactly as i thought it would/should.

There is an small apple logo with 'Made on a Mac' under it. It appears in the middle of the inside back cover, or maybe the blank page just before the back cover.

everyone that's seen it has been very impressed!

my only real problem is that I wish they were cheaper. that's the only thing stopping me from gettting them more often. But the are of a very nice quality. Never tried a soft-cover book though, so I don't know what those are like.

13. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I gave some medium softcovers as gifts and I really liked them. The quality was good, not outstanding, but very good. I think that the hardcover books use a better setting for the prints. I will definitely be getting more. The turn around time was fast too. I think I recieved mine within a week.