Whats your Voice Part/Highest Note

Discussion in 'Community' started by sparkleytone, Aug 11, 2002.

?

Whats your Voice Part and Highest Note (singable)

1. Bass : Around F-G#, break at D-Eb

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Baritone : Around G-A , break at E

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Tenor (God): Around C-D, break at F-F#

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Mezzo : Around A-C, no break ;)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Soprano : Around G-forever, breaks everywhere :)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

yet another in the stupid polls series. l I was listening to Opera busting some C#'s and i decided its poll time.

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

3. vniow macrumors G4

I think, I'm a tenor, but to be exact, I think I'm more inbetween tenor and baritone. I've got a range of about 3 octaves, but that's from the lowest I can possibly do to the most ear-splitting falsetto and that's pushing it. I've pretty much stopped trying to improve my range and started focucing more on harmony. It's nice to see more people are taking up the microphone. :)

4. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I'm no singer, but I can easily play the C above the treble cleff on my Trumpet, and can go up to an E or F. I have squeaked out a G, but that was hard. I'm trying to get my playing up to par, since I recently got my braces off, and I kinda had to learn to play all over again, but I'm almost back to normal...

Ask a bunch of band people to sing, and you'll know why they're in band, not choir :p

5. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I am in my school's choir, and I am officially a baritone. Yep yep yep.

irmongoose

6. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

well i have a three octave range in that respect as well. although i am classically training as an operatic tenor, i also sing countertenor in an allmale acapella group. my range is from about c3-c6

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I sang bass in high school choir, but I consider myself a baritone.

My falsetto is pretty decent.:)

8. vniow macrumors G4

Damn. I wish my voice was good enough for classical training. It'd be nice, but that's not exactly where I'm headed with my talents.
    :p

9. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I a bass man. I have a pretty good range, but I reckon singing bass is the coolest ;)

10. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

im in a band, i sing back up vocals (poorly) i have no idea what my voice patr is but i picked tenor because it said (god) and id like to be a god

11. bigsteve3 macrumors member

First of all, I'm one of those people who always reads but never posts, but I was surprised to see this topic :)

I am a bass, with low note of a low C and high note of F above middle C. Of course that 2 and a half octave range has only come after 2 years of lessons, but hey. I have also been complimented on my falsetto, but I have no desire to sing countertenor (although my dad was one!).

12. vniow macrumors G4

What, no goddess option? :p

13. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

i can sing tenor-ish...

i sing a music theatre style... but i also play clarinet... ive played like 5 years.. and i can play from e (lowest note..) to a high g.. i mean.. thats like really high...

-f

14. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

yay, i brought out a lurker. a two and a half octave range, especially for a bass, is nothing to scoff at. my functional range in what my teachers will accept is about two octaves and a minor third. i am beginning my second yr of training.

as far as not being good enough...you never know because the voice is such a personal instrument. i am the type of person who would never audition because i thought i wasn't good enough to be accepted. then i got some stones and decided to pursue what i love. now i am a vocal performance major at what is consistently in the top three vocal schools in the nation, usually number 1.

15. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i sing in michael jackson's range, but not quite as high

i like the temptations and eddie kendricks and his really high notes...smokey robinson is great, too

i could never sing the low stuff so it has limited me a lot as a singer in a rock band doing covers so i ended up being in bands that did originals

i never thought about doing the high voice of brian or carl wilson in the beach boys but they had a great sound

16. iGav macrumors G3

I have a very limited range, deep and growly......... even if you were to kick square on the nuts my range wouldn't increase.....:p :p :p

17. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

I am a BASS, and proud of it, my range is from a low B (as in more than two octaves below middle C) to middle C. If you include my falsetto, I have a range up to at least and octave and a half above that, so I tell please I have a four octave range!! Bass singers rule!! And get all the girls.

18. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

umm thats cool, but tenors get all the girls, basses are always wierd.

19. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Tenors are too busy preening in front of the mirror to get girls.:eek: ;) :p

20. vniow macrumors G4

Hey! There's nothing wrong with that, especially when the best way to get girls' attention is to dress like one. :)

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I tried to study Opera (and Showtunes) awhile ago. High School times. Just turned 25. I could always switch from low to high in the same breath (like Christina Aguilerra. But male). Sometimes I can even blow up a balloon in 1 breath. I just never remembered the right notes and symbols. I still get p*ssed off and say things like "why can't I just sing it the way I want" if it sounded good.

See, I learned by emulating, but I was always too impatient to study music. I should have. Hindsight, and all that.

That's why I love Karaoke. I can be off, but if I'm loud enough and can kinda make it sound like the original version, everybody loves me. Plus everyone's drunk. I guess I just never had the guts to go pro. Almost tried out for that "American Idol" show, but chickened out.

You should have heard me do stuff from "Phantom of the Opera". Especially "Music of the Night". That note at the end is tough to hold. Almost as hard as "Come to My Window". I still prefer U2 and Pearl Jam. Especially "With or Without You" and "Last Kiss", respectfully. Much easier IMO.

Just don't ask me to sing N'Sync.